Roleplay goes too far? Can you actually do this? please help

EliteTia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Friend, was living on a vampire sim, sort of like a bloodlines family. She was roleplaying, where there was a "King" of the clan who got her friend, and his girlfriend pregnant at the same time and was playing them both. So My friend confronted him because that's her friend he was playing. The "King" then told the Land owner to ban her, when infact she had payed $1500 rent. Can you do this? They refuse to unban her.

Is there anything she can do? please help 

3 answers to this question

Elite,

Your friend paid a group owned by an avatar to help support their lease of a parcel on a Private Region or on a Mainland Region. In reality a single individual is responsible for that payment and will be the contact for the Land Owner [Landlord]. Those who "donate" lindens to a group payment object, and you are donating them, should expect nothing more than that the monies will be used as promised.

You do not receive any permission to use the parcel/land other that what the person leasing it promises or implies.

The bottom line is that you should lease land directly from the Region Owner whenever possible. Especially if you are depending on having a reliable place to live. Mind you, a Region Owner can also ban you but in the Big Picture, a Region Owner will be listening to a Paying Tenant's needs and yes even complaints more than that of members of group that role-plays on a Tenants parcel. Private Region Owners may ban individuals from their Regions as they see fit.

Now that said, I'm a Region Owner and I have asked a Tenant to find a new place to lease when they bring too many requests to me to ban people. I don't have the time to research each and every request. I'm not LL either nor am I bound by LL's TOS in regards to Land Access. My POV is that a large number of requests from a single tenant to ban individuals speaks to that persons SecondLife. Drama attracts Drama.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.