How do I get un-banned?

missycow2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello second life,

There has been an incident in Zoomys baby store. So I have started a daycare, and I was asking multiple people if they had babies. One of those people was about to buy a crib, but I said to them "those cribs are copy-able, i'l give you one." When I said that, I did not realize that I was ruining business for one of my favorite stores. Then I had just telaported to the store from my house, and everything was still rezzing. I had earlier been talking to this lady about my daycare, so when she asked me "do you work here" I thought she meant at my daycare, so I said yes. I got banned from the store, and the owner made it very clear that I may never talk to her again. It was all one big mistake, is there any way of getting unbanned?
I hope you can help, 
missycow2

7 answers to this question

No, we can't help at all.  We are all SL residents just like you.  No Lindens ever come here.  Even if they did, Lindens never get involved in disputes between residents.

I'm afraid there's not much hope.  A landowner (in this case, the shop owner) can ban anyone she wants to.  She doesn't need a reason at all.  In this case, unfortunately, she actually had a reason.  If she doesn't want to listen to your explanation, that's her choice.  You'll just have to move on.  Buy her merchandise through Marketplace or go to the in-world store as an alt .... quietly.

• Like 4

Well, you did a couple of dumb things.

1.  You went around trying to drum up business for your daycare center at another person's store.  Even if you are not competing directly for customers, this is pretty tacky.  It would be better to talk to the store owner first, tell them about your daycare, show it to them, and try to convince them that YOUR customers are likely to do more business at HER store.  Then work out a deal to put up (and pay for) an advertising kiosk at her store.  And offer to let her have an ad and a landmark giver to HER store at your daycare, too.

2.  You were perceived as someone who was pretending to be a store employee, offering customers a "special deal" on merchandise.  This is a frequent trick of con artists, and is a sure fire way to get yourself banned from a store if the owner catches you at it.

There is probably no way to recover from a faux pas of this magnitude.  I would send the owner ONE notecard of abject apology.  But don't be surprised if you get no response, or a negative response, and don't pester them trying to change their minds.

Well you obviously did some things you weren't supposed to, and if you do apologize to owner, for your lack of manners they don't necessarily need to let you return there. So use this as a lesson on SL etiquette. Next time you do go to a sim or have a problem and want to post it to the forums, don't mention stores or people by name, whether the name is actually correct or not. If you do wonder about doing something, I'm sure older residents would help you with the do's and don'ts of SL. Most are willing to help, if asked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.