Graphic Question

ElizaBb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am new and still learning but one thing has been bothering me. I have the graphics on lowest possible but I would like to take a good pic someday with the shadows I have seen on a lot of pictures but when I put the setting to High or Ultra it wont allow me to check Atmospheric Shaders and the ones below it. I was wondering is there something I need to do to check them or what? Any help would be great. Thanks,

Your graphic card may not be powerful enough to support these features or it may be your driver.  Edit your post and include your system information and someone may be able to help you.  To get this, open your viewer and go to the help menu and then About. All the pertinent information will be there.  Just copy and past it. You don't need to log in to do this. Help should be available on your log in screen.

Yea, you can probably (in Preferences, graphics options) put a check mark on shiny objects, basic shaders and atmospheric shaders and take some good pics but shadows will turn your viewer into a slideshow, heh.

On my old computer, I risked my video card burning out and just maxed everything, didn’t crash, but It took 30 min just to pan around and take 1 screenshot, lol.

I believe if you check "custom" it should let you check those settings, It has been awhile since I messed around with "dynamic lighting" which enables shadows, but if you uncheck that you should be able to check atmo shaders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.