I reset my AO accidentally... Any way to change that?

SahiraTheSiren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I reset my AO a second ago by accident, and now none of the stands/sits/runs or anything work on it. :/ Is there any way to fix it? Or is the fact that I reset it not affect it at all and it is another problem?

Edit because I don't know how to answer on my own question...: It's the Oracul - Pure Lady AO. I never customized it. I just     clicked reset, and now it's not working.

NEW QUESTION: Does this mean I have to buy a new one..?

4 answers to this question

Sahira,

Which brand AO?

Reset usually returns the configuration NCs back to the "as delivered" state thus losing your customizations. If you added a number of animations and removed the original animations then you could be experiencing the Animation Not Found issue.

Your added animations are all still there, they are just missing from the configuration/movement NC table .

Time to re-edit and put their names them back in in the correct places.

NOTE: Almost all modifiable AOs are copy and their instructions usually plead with you to make a copy before modifying them.

NOTE: This is al;so why purchasing "Copy" permission animations is usually a great thing to do. Adding these doesn't lock out your ability to copy the AO for back-up purposes when making subtle adjustments.

No, it probably doesn't mean that you have to buy a new AO, but it does mean that you have to go back and read the injstructions that came with it (or get in touch with the creator and ask for the instructions). Every AO is different, so there's no universal "Do this to make it better" answer.  Most AOs have a provision to enter information on a notecard, which you have to create and drop into the AO along with the animations you want i to play.  When you reset an AO that runs from a notecard, it should normally start by re-reading the card and be fine after that.  If it doesn't...

1. You might have messed up the notecard (or removed it) since the last time the AO read it.

2. You may have reset some important switch.  Some AOs won't play ground sits unless you toggle that choice ON deliberately, for example.

3. The AO might be busted.

4. You might be in a no-script area.

5. You may have to detach the AO and then reattach it for the script to activate properly once it has been reset.

I doubt you've broken it.   Try detaching from your avatar, back into your inventory, and then wearing it again.   I think by resetting it, you simply made the script lose its permission to animate you, which it should get back next time you wear the item.

If that doesn't work, I see from the Marketplace advert that the creator offers free replacements:

My product and content has free re-delivery/upgrade system. even if you lose all. use "Remote Update", or visit my support place. you can get "Remote Update" again.

You are so in luck.

Posted on the page for the product is this information from the developer:

My product and content has free re-delivery/upgrade system. even if you lose all.
use "Remote Update", or visit my support place. you can get "Remote Update" again.

Release

Mar.18.2009 (2009/03/18) : Last Update Oct.01.2009 (2009/10/01)

Contents

ORACUL-Pure Lady AO (Oracul Animation HUD) (no transfer)
animation (no transfer), script (no modify) (no transfer)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ORACUL-Pure-Lady-AO/572760

This is also a Copy/Modify product - look for the original carton in your inventory, rez it again, then open it and copy a new version into your inventory.

Also - he has a remote update capability which may restore it to proper operation.

His store is still active - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/19619

and he used to have an in-world presence: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kuso/229/229/250/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.