Rigged avatar/Blender/Texture question

Identity Euler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a bug. Try the upload with 2.59 or 2.63a. Also wipe the .slm files from the .dae source folder.

If you are not using Archive Installs for Blender so you can easily have multiple versions in stalled, now might be a good time to start. See Blender Archive Install for information on how to do an Archive install.

There is also a 2.64 Beta version for which we are testing the Collada Expoter. See: Blender Testing Needed. I was using that yesterday to test a skirt I'm working on. It seemed to be working well. I wasn't trying to upload textures. So, I can't say for that specifically.

I have been uploading textures using 2.63a.

• Like 1

Identity Euler wrote:

Thank you for answer.

2.59 just showed many errors and doesn't show any faces at all any longer.

In case of 2.63a I still can't upload rigged avatar with texture. I will wait for 2.64.

As far as i know there is a bug in the SL Importer which makes it impossible to upload textures with rigged meshes. At least i never was able to upload a rigged mesh with textures. I always had to upload the textures separately.

For static meshes the upload with textures works for me. So i suspect you won't get much by waiting for Blender 2.64

• Like 1

I just tried the 2.64 beta mentioned above (thankfully someone made a Mac version that includes the new exporter) and it seems to work well. I made a variation on my current project with a mirror modifier as well as some shape keys and the exporter exported the model properly.

:) :) :)

Ok, this is definitely off topic, but since the last comments talkd about blender 2.64... I'm trying the beta of 2.64, and noticed my fingers are getting confused because right-mouse click on an vertex/edge/face is cumulative, where in 2.62 I had to hold shift to get that effect.

I've stared at the input stuff in preferences, but can't see any difference between 2.62 and 2.64 (I even tried loading in my previously saved input configuration).

Could a wizard kindly explain how to get the 2.62 behavior? Or how to change 2.62 to do what 2.64 is doing so I can just get used to it? :)

And... furthur testing showed this - if I never press the shift key, it behaves like 2.62, but as soon as I do, the shift key acts like it's stuck on while right mouse clicking on items. Bug? Feature? *sigh*

Fizz Savira wrote:

Ok, this is definitely off topic, but since the last comments talkd about blender 2.64... I'm trying the beta of 2.64, and noticed my fingers are getting confused because right-mouse click on an vertex/edge/face is cumulative, where in 2.62 I had to hold shift to get that effect.

I've stared at the input stuff in preferences, but can't see any difference between 2.62 and 2.64 (I even tried loading in my previously saved input configuration).

Could a wizard kindly explain how to get the 2.62 behavior? Or how to change 2.62 to do what 2.64 is doing so I can just get used to it?
:)

And... furthur testing showed this - if I never press the shift key, it behaves like 2.62, but as soon as I do, the shift key acts like it's stuck on while right mouse clicking on items. Bug? Feature? *sigh*

It sounds like you are using a buggy copy of the program. I'm using the latest daily build of Blender (factory default), and the selection tools act as expected. You still have to hold SHIFT to make a cumulative selection. If you don't hold Shift, you just select one element at a time. You may want to return it to factory state: File -> Load Factory Settings.

Thanks Asha! Loading factory settings fixed the problem, but now I'm a smidge stuck.

I setup a keymap awhile ago (blender 2.59) so that I can use blender on my Mac desktop and my Mac laptop (which doesn't have a numeric keypad). I tried resetting to factory defaults, and that fixed the shift key issue. As soon as I imported my key configuration again, the shift key broke. *sigh*

Time for some drudgery to fix that problem. Ah the blender life :)

Fizz Savira wrote:

Thanks Asha! Loading factory settings fixed the problem, but now I'm a smidge stuck.

I setup a keymap awhile ago (blender 2.59) so that I can use blender on my Mac desktop and my Mac laptop (which doesn't have a numeric keypad). I tried resetting to factory defaults, and that fixed the shift key issue. As soon as I imported my key configuration again, the shift key broke. *sigh*

Time for some drudgery to fix that problem. Ah the blender life
:)

Ouch. Sorry you'll have to rebuild your keymap. I've managed to avoid remapping keys, thank goodness.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.