How do I get the UUID of a texture which is not in my inventory?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can't legally.  You must own the texture full perm to do that. There are scripts I know that will do it, but its basicallly copybotting and illegal.  You are not entitled to use a texture unless you purchased it or got it directly from the creator, unless its public domain.  Even freebie textures you get in those big boxes of textures that you don't get directly from the creator are iffy as many are stolen or passed around illegally..

You can own textures scripted into something by UUID or in edit contents of prims if they have restricted permissions and were obtained legally by the creator of the item..  The script or texture has to be no mod/ and either no copy or no transfer.

Ah, I see.

I have a house which is a custom build by myself and another person. Unfortunately, that person has left SL now. Before she left, she gave me full edit rights to her stuff, and a folder of full perm textures for the house, but it's missing 2-3.

One is a very neat "plate glass" texture, blue-ish-green faintly tinted, with the edges of the texture "more dense". I would probably have a hard time re-creating it. I am sure she got it from somewhere else, just not sure where.

Any ideas?

Develop > Consoles > Textures

does not show the UUIDs as far as I can tell. Some short hexadecimal numbers 1/5th the length of a UUID do appear along with other mostly useless info.

Is this the correct console?

I also looked at menu "Develop > Show Info > Show Texture Info" but it does not seem to do anything...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.