My right click mouse in mouse look to zoom isn't working. It does the opposite.

Jaded Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Up to last week, I used to be able to go into mouse look, right click my mouse and it would go into zoom, which works well for sniping.  Now, it does the exact opposite, making my view further away instead of focusing closer on the object?  I had trouble with my zoom last week and reset the zoom. Everything looked ok after that until today when I tried to use it. What setting did I mistakenly change for this to happen?

I have always been able to right click my mouse when in mouse look and use the scroll to see things closer. After numerous tries, I have simply reset my settings in the General tab, restarted Phoenix and I have my zoom and scroll in right mouse right click back.

8 answers to this question

AFAIK, there is no "zoom" in mouselook. You can change the FOV (Field of View) by typing CTRL-8, CTRL-9 and CTRL-0 but that's just the "angle" the camera is showing. It looks sort of like a zoom but it's not really.  Scrolling the mousewheel back always takes you out of mouselook. This for normal viewers. A TPV could change this I suppose.

• Like 1

I have rarely had any reason to use mouselook, so I'm working from memory.  You should normally be able to zoom in and out by using your mouse wheel.  If you use Alt+ LEFT mouse button, you should also be able to zoom in and out by moving the mouse forward or backward. (Moving the mouse left or right when you have the Alt + left button selected will orbit the camera around your focal point. )  If you are having trouble zooming to things that are either very far away or very close, open your Advanced menu  (CTRL + Alt + D) and then UNselect Limit Camera Distance and select Disable Camera Constraints.

OK technically if may not have a rigtht mouse click zoom ..You are just imagining things - right?  But yeah it does and I know exactly what you are looking to restore.  It happened to me when I updated Firestorm and was part of the new 'default settings.  Try this:

Go to preferences > Move and View > View > run Distance slider up from default 1.00 to whatever.  The higher the number, the more 'apparent' magnification youi get.   I ran my slider all the way out to 3.00 and now I get a real good 'sniper' zoom using my right mouse button.

On 6/16/2012 at 10:37 PM, Snickers Snook said:

AFAIK, there is no "zoom" in mouselook. You can change the FOV (Field of View) by typing CTRL-8, CTRL-9 and CTRL-0 but that's just the "angle" the camera is showing. It looks sort of like a zoom but it's not really.  Scrolling the mousewheel back always takes you out of mouselook. This for normal viewers. A TPV could change this I suppose.

There is a zoom in mouse look. Whenever I used to go in mouse look and clicked the right mouse button my field of view would become deeper (without CTRL-8 etc). And I would see more of the environment. I've used this for ages when I was using my weapons as a warrior. Always worked up to yesterday. I messed something up when trying to make a snapshot in mouse look, which worked (but that is off topic). 
So anyone who is aware of the right click option and knows where to find it's setting so I can activate it again please stand up and spread the word :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.