Crashing of Violet destination

BloodyKitty230

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum to discuss these things but I believe it's right though.. so.. again forgive me!

Well I think it was starting today this was happening.. depending on the time zones of others, but for me it was, as well as everyone else. The location called "Violet" has been starting to crash for everyone, including myself and no one knows whos doing it or anything. Any help? Hopefully the Linden Lab team sees this and does their best to help.

lots of the deliberate viewer crashing at the moment is caused by: MAINT-771: Sculpty objects with a large surface area can crash video drivers.

is an official fix coming for this in the latest beta viewer. hopefully we will get soon in the main release

+

ps. can help with crash fixes if you want. turn on Crash Report in your viewer. the devs then can get some hard data to look at when they trying to fix stuff 

There are no Lindens here. 

There are a number of reasons this may be happening.  I would enlist the help of the Estate Owner to check the sim with the estate tools for scripts and or collisions that may be out of control or using too many resources.  Also check the sim for scripted objects that are not owned by anyone that should have something there as a griefer may have left something that is causing this.  If the estate owner does not have the technical knowledge to do this they should enlist the aid of someone that does.

If this is happening frequently and you have checked out all the above,  then the Estate Owner should file a support ticket with Linden Lab giving them as much information as possible, including the steps taken to investigate and alleviate the problem.  Your sim could be 'sick' and need the attention of LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.