Transaction History Date Range

Pacoima Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Who do I contact about extending the Date Range that is selectable in Transaction History. I would like to increase the Date Range to 45 or more days. Currently, the date range is 30/31 days. A 31 day range makes it difficult to get an entire months of data in one download, if the member is not logged in exactly on first day of a month. Thanks for your response. Pacoima Cyberstar :)

7 answers to this question

I am finding we are getting more of the things we have asked for in feature requests. Whether asked for 2009 or 2017. Since Oz Linden took over management of SL development there seems to be a shift in style of development and engineer to user interaction.

The introduction of mesh is the last pre-Oz project that comes to mind. Bento was considerably different from the Mesh project and Animesh is following the same pattern. Now we have the Web User Group, first meeting this last Friday, 11/10. It too looks to possibly follow the same style.

As to encouraging the Lindens to do something already in a JIRA item, forget VOTE. Use WATCH. Add user cases and relate how the lack of a feature limits your use of SL. DO NOT add 'Me Too' comments. The engineers read the JIRA feature requests and bug reports. They integrate the information users provide and set priorities. But, those priorities are set within the overall development plan for SL and the Lindens' understanding of what users want and need. To large extent, it is how many people they think will use a feature or suffer from a bug. Also, whether or not the lack of a feature or a bug is walking new users into a wall.

The Lindens do not always get it right. They sort of missed the idea when users were telling them the new mesh primitives would mostly be used for clothes. On the other hand, it wasn't that they did not believe us on the clothes thing. It was the clothes thing was going to be way difficult and there were no easy answers. 

Also, the Lindens are busy. There are loads of exploits to try and remove. There are new features they want to add. So, we often have a challenge getting their attention. Since they do NOT use SL the way we users do, they don't notice the elephant standing on my foot in the way I do.

Often users are pointing out the mistakes the Lindens make in hateful ways. Assuming a programmer should never make a mistake, misplan, misunderstand, or any of the other human frailties is the mark of the emotionally/mentally immature. I think we've had less hate in UG meetings the last 2 or 3 years. So, I think the yelling and blaming dumped on SL engineers in the past by hateful users is less. I attribute that to the change in who attends UG meetings.

It may also be in part to the crew of people answering questions in this Answers section. Get too far out of line or too unfair and you'll hear it. 

28 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Lindens are busy. There are loads of exploits to try and remove. There are new features they want to add. So, we often have a challenge getting their attention. Since they do NOT use SL the way we users do, they don't notice the elephant standing on my foot in the way I do.

This is a dramatic shift from company practice during the Dark Years when Lindens were actively discouraged from spending time in world. These days, Lindens and moles are more visible and more likely to have direct responsibility for troubleshooting things that don't work and for testing new features before they are rolled out than they were in the past. As a result, the Lab is more likely to notice the elephant or at least respond when you scream about it standing on your foot. As a scripter, I have been impressed by the rate at which new functions -- some of which we have requested for ages -- have been appearing. This is not the SL I signed up for in 2007.  It's a whole lot better.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.