How do I get someone to respond to my refund request on my disabled sons behalf??

jfugere007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My son has been taken advantage of and his participation in this game has been gross error in judgement, Is there someone in second life who can help me ge to the bottom of this and refund his money?  I would really appreciate if someone could offer me a phone number to speak to someone about this situation. Thank you Shelly

8 answers to this question

If you are a Premium member of Second Life, go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ to submit a support ticket and select Billing >> Refund: Non-Linden$  .  If you are not a Premium member, that option is not available to you, but you may be able to get help by calling the LL billing office.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

You should be aware, however, that Linden Lab rarely issues a refund for anything.  (Interesting, since they do offer that category of support ticket for Premium accounts..... ) It sounds as if you may have an exceptional case, but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

• Like 1

What did your son spend $1400 on in 30 days? The only time I ever came close to that was when I bought a private region (not even when I was gambling). If that's what he did, you could re-sell it, but you won't get back anywhere near even the setup fee ($1000).

P.S. Welcome back, Rolig Loon.

This has got to be the most bizarre situation I've heard of in over five years in SL.

How was your son taken advantage of?  By whom?  Linden Lab?  Another Resident?  Is he even old enough to legally register for SL (i.e., at least 16?)

How did he manage to spend $1,400 in a month?  Did he do it piecemeal, buying things in world?  If so, there is almost no chance of recovering the money, it was paid to other residents. 

Did he pay the money to someone in particular?  Was he conned?  If so, there is little chance of recovery.  Scam artists take the money and run, and unless you are willing to invest a lot more money in legal action (possibly international legal action), there's not much chance.  In 2008, one scammer running a pyramid scheme made off with almost $250,000 of other residents' money.  Linden Lab usually treats these situations as "resident to resident business disputes" and declines to get involved.  Anyone spending money in SL is presumed to be a competent adult and responsible for looking out for their own welfare.

Or did he pay the money to Linden Lab, to buy land?  In this case, it may be possible to get a refund, although in general LL does not issue refunds.  Follow the directions you've already been given to file a support ticket.

How did he get access to this much money?  "Borrow" your credit card?  I think if my son did that, I'd haul him down to McDonald's, sign him up, and tell him he'd be turning over every paycheck until the money was paid back.

Anyway, all of these are rhetorical questions...I don't expect you to answer them, and in fact I advise you against saying anything further here in a public forum.  We are all just residents here...Second Life users who volunteer time to answer questions.  We don't work for Linden Lab and can't do anything to help you other than what you've already been told...file a support ticket, or call Billing Support.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.