This is bizarre. I can log in to SL this morning but cannot log in to the forums.

Rolig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I log in, the banner at the top greets me with its normal "Welcome, Rolig Loon" , so I'm logged in, but the page itself tells me that Support is down.  If I try to navigate to any part of the forums, the "Welcome, Rolig Loon" disappears and I am not logged in any more.  There's nothing in the Grid Status blog this morning to suggest that there's a problem, and I can log in just fine with my alt (That's how I'm typing this).  Other people are clearly in the forums too.  But I'm not. 

Is anyone else having this problem today? 

I should add that although I cannot navigate to anywhere in the forums from my login page, I can navigate to anything else  -- Marketplace, my dashboard, land. And I can log in to SL itself and goi in world.  I just can't get anywhere in Support. If I do, I'm logged out again.

EDIT:  Hehe... Thanks, Grif and Val.  Yeah, cleared browser cache, cleared cookies, tried two other browsers, restarted the machine a couple of times, sang silly songs, tried a couple of incantations ......   On the bright side, my alt has been bumped up two ranks this morning. :smileytongue:  BTW ... I can see that someone left me a PM, but I can't read it.... don't even know who it was.  I hope they're patient.

EDIT AGAIN:  I tried logging in on my trusty 7-year-old laptop that always works .... no soap.

12 answers to this question

Yeah, except for the one telling me that I have a PM, I'm not getting notifications either. In fact, the forum software has been doing other odd things for the past few days... requiring me to do a full login each time now, posting new threads in clumps of four or five at a time instead of posting them as the OP creates them.... I wish they'd stop playing with the buttons.

I had problems this morning Rolig. I couldn't log in to the Forums, it kept sending me around in circles. I would log in and it would send me to the Support page. Soon as I clicked Answers or Forums I was no longer logged in. I tried numerous times and eventually gave up. However, it sorted itself out by lunch hour so I hope it does for you too.

• Like 1

Same here, Griffin, not getting any email notification. Now that you mention it, it's been like that for a few hours I think. Venus posted in the Vanity Thread and I didn't get the notice, just saw her post while having a look at the thread. :smileysurprised:

It's not just you, Rolig; there's been a couple of complaints over at SLU, too, about what sounds the same problem.   I had something similar happen to me a few days ago, but that would eventually disappear if I ignored the fact my name wasn't there and simply tried to reply to a post.   If you've got the Reply button available, it might be worth trying to open a reply box and see if that does any good.

Hope you're back soon.

• Like 1

Thanks, Innula. That's mildly reassuring. Misery loves company, and all that. With luck, whoever in LL is mucking about with the forums will get tired and go home so that we can get back to normal. Meanwhile I can at least get on with my alt, although she'll claim my frequent flyer miles.

Unscheduled Maintenance

[postED 12:16pm PDT, 14 June 2012] We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. This may cause some residents to be unable to access the Support and Community Pages of the secondlife.com website. Please keep an eye on this blog for updates.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.