Windlights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so, say I am using a foggy windlight. I select the windlight and it defaults to a certain point on the sun setting. If I try to move the sun around to change my lights, it makes the effects of the windlight go away. 

Can we not have this happen? Is there nothing to do about this or am I being a total noob here?

Yes you can do it, I do it all the time. 

What you do is go to edit sky setting, from there, choose the setting, like Foggy or whatever, and then go to the light tab and move your sun there, either by time of day, east angle, or a combination of the two.

Now, if you want to save that as a setting, give it a new name and save, if on the other hand, you are just playing around, minimize that window without closing it, that way you can continue to move the sun around, cause if you close the window, your sun pops back to whatever setting you have set. 

• 1 month later...

When you use the quick preferences, it doesn't work to change the sun, you have to go up to the sky settings.. just minimize the window when you find the right one instead of closing it, so far I haven't figured out how to keep the setting once I close the window lol.

If you rename it, you will keep the original and the one you just made. If you don't want it forever you can delete it.

I usually just move the sun and mess around with things without saving too, I just thought you wanted to know how to keep it like that without having to have the window minimized :P

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.