Is there any free email that is linked to sl?

RyanEric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do not know of any free email on the web that is especially for Second Life users.

The only thing I can suggest is having a separate email account just for your Second Life friends to use, via gmail, or yahoo.

Or you can make use of my.secondlife.com, which is similar to Twitter, but it is especially for Second Life users.  You can also make private messages there, BUT not everyone knows about it, or wants to use it. You would have to network with your friends/contacts. 

Not that I know of. And I don't really know what that would be good for anyways.

What I did: I gave my avie her own email addy (she has a much richer social life than me) and when I changed my account data at a later point  I changed also my email over to her. So all things SL go to Orca Flotta's email, not to the boring housewife's that is her RL avie.

Orca Flotta wrote:

Not that I know of. And I don't really know what that would be good for anyways.

What I did: I gave my avie her own email addy (she has a much richer social life than me) and when I changed my account data at a later point  I changed also my email over to her. So all things SL go to Orca Flotta's email, not to the boring housewife's that is her RL avie.

I think that's what most people do; it's what I did. I don't know a whole bunch of SL people's email addresses but I'm pretty sure every single one I do know is in the avatar's name. Might be one exception, now that I think of it, but it's a common strategy and works quite well for me.

I don't know if this will help or even be what your talking about but...

I purchased a laptop in SL and rezed it, and it sends and receives e-mail (kind of).

Sends e-mail and you get e-mail back as IM's.

The e-mail address is the same, as long as the laptop is rezzed. Take it back into your inventory and rez it again and you get a different e-mail address. I sent myself an email and the return address was about 20 or more alpha numeric characters long. Don't have a place to rez it now so can not even play with it to test and tell you more. Check the MP for laptops, they said e-mail included before. This was several years ago so may have changed now.

Just looked on MP, yes there are still working computers that do this.

Just adding that I have a gmail account for Tiffy Vella, plus one for her rl typist. Tiffy gets the way more interesting emails, though. Gmail accounts can be linked, so that rl you and sl you can check each others messages easily.

I don't think I could function without them both, as they are extremely practical.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.