Group Notices Wont stop going to my email. their FLOODING IT! D: Please help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

To stop receiving notices from a group:

1. Open the group profile.
  2. In the General section, deselect Receive group notices.

You will no longer receive group notices nor get the associated emails.  If you don't stop the group notices this way, then the only way to keep them from going to e-mail is to stop all of your messages ( IMs too ) from being forwarded to e-mail.

Athena,

Notice SPAM can be such a pain. OK you need to determine which of 3 well know systems in SL are spamming you. You can tell by the construction of the message.

SecondLife Groups

These notices will look like this:

Subject: Second Life - Group notice: WEDDING INVITATION

You can either:

1) Leave the group that sent you the message ~ or ~

2) Edit your membership status in the group and uncheck the [ ] Receive Group Notices.

If you are also being chatted to death by the group chat window, you will need to either keep closing the chat window pop-ups or leave the group :(

Subscribe-o-Matic

Notices from a Subscribe-o-matic will have this message in the text:

"Club/Store 's Subscribe-O-Matic is owned by ???????  " followed by the location in a SLURL of the Server sending the notice.

Most of the time, this server is on a publicly accessible region close to an actual Subscriber device. Take the SLURL to the location and locate the Subscriber and touch it to "unsubscribe" Be sure to wait for the verification message from the subscriber object. It will read as follows:

When Joining:  Club/Store Event Group: Thank you for subscribing to the .:Club/Store:. Subscribe-O-Matic. Welcome message....  - To remove yourself from this Subscribe-O-Matic list, just touch this device again at any time.

When Leaving:  Club/Store Event Group: You have been unsubscribed from Club/Store! Event Group

Hippo-Groups

Notices from a Hippo-Group Server will usually be formatted as follows:

"The object 'KarenMichelle Lane' has sent you a message from Second Life:" ~ and/or ~
"The object 'hippoGROUPS Server v1.2' in Second Life has offered you inventory"

You have a few ways to unsubscribe from a Hippo-Groups Server belonging to a Venue/Artist/Store in SecondLife.

1) Find the LM of the Store/Venue where you joined the group and TP there then touch the Subscriber and request leave the group.. What's worst, you may have been added without realizing it by answering "Yes" to a message from the Hippo-Visitor system. [Asking you 1st is a requirement now in the TOS somewhere.]

'2) You can visit the location below to get your password to your Hippo Technologies database entry. Then you may login to their website and your account where you may kill your membership in any and all Hippo-Groups you are in and/or turn off the future ability for Hippo Products to add you to this particular system.

HippoGroups Password Terminal:  http://slurl.com/SecondLife/Hippo%20Technologies/123/122/44

You will get this message:

Thank you, [avatar name] your password is 'abcd1234'. (You may change it later if you wish). You can manage your hippoGROUPS subscriptions by visiting http://www.hippo-technologies.co.uk/myhippogroups/ and logging in.

Once logged in, you can select the options that work best for you.

Hope this helps... :)

I have done several things myself. I have unchecked do not receive group notices, in my account settings online I ckecked unsubscribe to emails, and I have left the group. 

I am still getting group notices.

I am a 9 year old veteran of SL. This ain't my first rodeo. I have set individual settings for each of my groups but this one group "all things gacha" I conitnue to get emails and it is so annoying. Anyone have any advice?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.