Error: Dae Parsing Issue - See Log For Details

MistyWraine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

thats the error message i get when i try uploading some mesh's into SL ive tried on all 3 main viewers and i get the same problem with each.   Ive looked at the log but not sure which im supposed to be looking at and they all dont make sense to me anyway i dont understand code.  I know others have asked before but dont know what has changed between them asking and me asking since its been about a month since anyone last asked that i noticed.  And im not sure my problem would be the same as theirs.

I thought maybe i had holes somewhere so i started the mesh over made sure i didnt delete anything and i still got the same problem.

So then i thought maybe i had used to many modifiers or something *using 3d Studio Max btw*  and started with a normal sphere and just did modifiers at random values to see what might be the problem, and made a test of every modifier as i stacked more and more ontop of each other, when i finished doing what i had all had, and tested all the versions in second life they all seemed to work and upload fine, so now im at a loss, im still getting the error on my original meshes and i cant figure out why, can anyone help please?

I had the same problem not so long ago

this error can be caused by many things probably but in my case there was a "&" in a material name

I cant really help you more sorry

but if you have something else than normal letters in a material name , we just found the problem hehe

• Like 1

Make sure you are not tryiing to upload in a pathfinding region. I can't get mesh to upload in a PF region. The exact same DAE file will upload in a different region.

3 main viewers... do you mean stable release, beta, and development? I have been using the stable release (main viewer on DL page) without trouble. I have had problems with the Dev viewer (Second_Life_3-3-4-258816_Development). I get the look in log error message.

When you read the log (secondlife.log) look for errors and warnings. They should give you an idea what is wrong.

No this is not the first time, i have uploaded files when mesh first came online then i had a computer crash and got a new comp and didnt make anything for a while and now that im trying again its just refusing to let me upload the ones i want to make. 

Ok i think i figured out the problem or at least a work around, I uploaded one thing and it uploaded fine, then continued by making a mirror of the object and suddenly i had the problem.  Talked to a few people, they told me the xform might be all screwy, so i reset the xform, which turned my object inside out, so i flipped the normals on it, and now it suddenly allows me to upload it, no issue.  So i think the issue was i was mirroring although that shouldnt be a problem but i think i know how to fix it now i just need to test it on some other stuff i made that wont upload.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, I have run into this issue before a few times,  it happened now when I mirrored an object on my mesh... I fixed it by going to 'object' 'apply', 'rotation and scale', the normals then reversed so I flipped them the right way.  It then uploaded fine.

• Thanks 1

One rule that many of us go by -- told by an old timer when I was just starting mesh six years or so ago is:

ALWAYS apply rotation, location and scale (back then there was no choice of rotation and scale together) before uploading. "I" always set the origin point to the geometry also. This is PARTICULARLY important when you have a matching physics model.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Upload error - DAE parsing issue

Some faces in the mesh are turned the wrong way (although it may look normal)

To see faces the facing the wrong way:

n menu - Shading - (turn on) Backface culling

View mode (not edit)– Object menu - apply - rotation and scale

You will now see parts of the mesh inside-out.

To fix: Edit mode - select all - Ctrl + n

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Zoren Manray said:

This just happened to me and it seems the problem was indeed applying the Mirror transform in Blender. Why does that break everything?

Mirrors reverse things. In Blender's case, that includes normals. (It doesn't mirror weights as part of mirroring mesh components, either. You have to mirror the weights separately.) Just remember to check and reverse them yourself and you'll be fine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.