Owning a full estate?

Cage Rage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone. Kinda new here but I'm desperate for an answer. Do I need to hold a premium membership in order to become the estate owner of a full region? I'm not talking about renting or owning parcels from an estate, I'm asking do I need premium membership to become the guy who pays 295 dollars a month to LL? Or to become the guy who's name appears on the COVENANT tab of the "About Land" options. Thank you in advance.

Cage Rage wrote:

Hey everyone. Kinda new here but I'm desperate for an answer. Do I need to hold a premium membership in order to become the estate owner of a full region? I'm not talking about renting or owning parcels from an estate, I'm asking do I need premium membership to become the guy who pays 295 dollars a month to LL? Or to become the guy who's name appears on the COVENANT tab of the "About Land" options. Thank you in advance.

No, you do not need to hold a premium membership to own an estate region. However, as I am sure you have looked on the website, Linden Lab does not make it common knowledge that this is so.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

LOL. That's true. I upgraded my membership to buy mine. I only found out later that I didn't have to.

Yup, the same thing happened to me a few years ago. Since the documentation throughout the website stated you had to have premium membership to "get" land, I spent $72.00 to take out premium membership, and then bought my first estate sim from the Lab. I found out later that that $72.00 US was unnecessary by talking with other sim owners. I felt like such a fool. I sometimes check from time to time to see if Linden Lab has tried to make its website more honest. It hasn't, but such is life and such is the Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.