Yikes - if in USA you might want to read this...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Allazondra Torii wrote:

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

It was a false alarm due to equipment malfunction. The article has been rewritten.

Yeah, right, like anyone is buying that story? lol

Perhaps because the original article said this particular station has produced false alarms before. Believe what you like, doesn't matter a jot to me, I'm just pointing out what the article now says.

It's nice to see something like this in place. I recall how the Japanese citzens began monitoring radiation levels on a grass roots level and they found their government was seriously downplaying the radiation release at Fukushima.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

Dangerously high radiation levels found today in Indiana, Michigan.

Up to 100 times higher than safe levels???

Hope it turns out to be some sort of false alert...

Meanwhile,  in Southern California ..  you are considered the ultimate pollutant if you smoke a cigarrette....  I always say,  there are plenty of things out there just waiting to kill you...  (smoking cigs being only one of them).

(waits for the flaming to follow)  LOL

Deltango Vale wrote:

I figure within another ten years, California will slide into the sea. Nevada will have a coastline and everyone will be happy.

Nevada HAD a coastline once. Sort of. But the damned Earth just kept flinging more and more slices of rock up against it. Then the Sierras started to tilt up, cutting them off completely: that must have ticked 'em off something wonderful.

California will not slide into the sea. A pretty fair chunk of it is moving northwest and will eventually be alongside Oregon if all goes as it currently is (Oregonians REALLY hate that, btw). A larger chunk has managed to become part of what most of the rest of the states are. A smallish sliver is getting rick-rolled along between those two chunks and nobody has even a decent guess on what's gonna happen to that. Unfortunately that happens to be the chunk I live on.

Cali Souther wrote:

Meanwhile,  in Southern California .. 
you are considered the ultimate pollutant if you smoke a cigarrette
....  I always say,  there are plenty of things out there just waiting to kill you...  (smoking cigs being only one of them).

This Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel headline/photo combo gave me a chuckle some years ago...

World

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Deltango Vale wrote:

I figure within another ten years, California will slide into the sea. Nevada will have a coastline and everyone will be happy.

Nevada HAD a coastline once. Sort of. But the damned Earth just kept flinging more and more slices of rock up against it. Then the Sierras started to tilt up, cutting them off completely: that must have ticked 'em off something wonderful.

California will not slide into the sea. A pretty fair chunk of it is moving northwest and will eventually be alongside Oregon if all goes as it currently is (Oregonians REALLY hate that, btw). A larger chunk has managed to become part of what most of the rest of the states are. A smallish sliver is getting rick-rolled along between those two chunks and nobody has even a decent guess on what's gonna happen to that. Unfortunately that happens to be the chunk I live on.

You live on the fault line?  *.*

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Cali Souther wrote:

....  I always say,  there are plenty of things out there just waiting to kill you...  (smoking cigs being only one of them).

This Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel headline/photo combo gave me a chuckle some years ago...

World

So, does one make up for the other?  hmmmmmm

Cali Souther wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Cali Souther wrote:

World

So, does one make up for the other?  hmmmmmm

It does not say WHAT he is smoking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.