Sign in to follow this  
MandyBSmith

Where's the best place to find someone who will do this?

I'm not new to SL, but I made an entirely new av for kinky stuff.  I really just want to log in every once and a while when I feel like it and engage in a little bondage.  I like being led around on a leash.  I like suits that restrict things like chat, movement, and interactions with the environment (though I like to at least partially be able to see and partially read chat, even if I can't talk) and I like not knowing how long I will be stuck in a particular predicament.  I especially like this in a public area where there are people who can see me but I am pretty helpless around them.   I just really like bondage.

I'm not particularly comfortable with being nude in public, anything graphically violent or blatant sexual acts.  I just want to be trussed up and led around and/or left somewhere in public.

Where could I go to find someone who would be willing to do those things to me on nights when I feel like logging in?  Maybe once a week.   Possibly skipping some weeks, possibly twice a week depending on my moods.   I'm new to BDSM in SL and so forgive me if this is poor ettiquette.  I'm just not sure where to find someone like this.  Thanks.

Hi Mandy: I suggest you put your wants in your profile and go to a place called "Bondage Ranch". There you will find avatars standing around in a field. Look at their profiles and IM the ones you think might suite your needs. Good Luck.

'Finding someone' is the hard part. Unfortunately in my experience that tends to be SECOND to 'finding somewhere'. There are a lot of 'play' sims around; places that serve as meeting and greeting spots for people inside the fetish scene.

Examples include the Freedom Continent (ThinkKink, Bondage Ranch, the Adult Hub) and other less obvious places like Sin Labs (statue-friendly), Mesmerise Dungeon (latex, cages friendly) and The Doll Works/Skara Brae (dolls/transformation) clubs such as Heavy Rubber, Hard Bondage, etc etc. Naturally depending upon your style/preference/look.

In my experience it takes a long time to connect with people/a group of people before genuinely interesting offers start turning up. You have to know what to look for, what to discard, and who to run miles and miles away from.

I would avoid Bondage Ranch unless you enjoy long periods staring at your screen with a blank expression, waiting for the next IM. But it's kind of a... brute-force approach, since SOMEONE will probably IM you there eventually.

And yeah, good luck. :D

ETA: And shoot me an IM if you wanna hang out with me for a little while. I can't promise you'll get a tonne of offers right away, but I'm happy to chat through things you enjoy and see if there's a solution nearby ^^

Is there any sort of collar or device where I could just put some restraints on myself and then set a random time period where I'd be restricted from removing whatever I did to myself?

If I could do something to myself and then find a good busy club that would be friendly to that sort of thing and leave myself trapped there until the timer runs out, I could probably amuse myself without anyone else's help.

I have one suit that does that, but I'd like more variety and to be able to use some other things that aren't specifically designed for that.

Not exactly. Some collars may be built for it (most commonly, if you set a time-lock on yourself you'll be locked out until it unlocks). I would look at the Real Restraint 'Elegence' set of cuffs as well as perhaps those by Mesmerise Dungeon. If you're a little handy or sneaky, the 'Real Key' system can be very fun.

As an example, passing a friend of yours the key while they're offline, and waiting until they log in. Or building a box that sells the key to the first person who comes along so that they can unlock you. Just be careful about who gets your keys (obviously).

Quite a bit of furniture (specifically RLV 'traps') however, are built to capture you automatically and hold you for a time period (or until someone finds you). There are a few Trap focussed sims such as mazes, puzzles and 'capture RP'.

I really just want to be able to put a bunch of restraints or some sort of av on myself and then set a timer for a random time period (like say between 2 and 8 hours) and then lock myself out of my inventory where I'll have to deal with whatever I did to myself until the time is up.

Mhm, I understand ^^

Unfortunately not a great amount is designed with this in mind. Most are designed to be locked by another user.

The prim 'RealKey' system used by Real Restraints cuffs would be most compatible with your needs, since you could 'hide' the key in some creative manner before having it returned to you later. It works by requiring you (or someone else) to be wearing the prim key and being able to click it. If you're unable to wear it and click it (say, by storing it in a box that's programmed to give it to you in x hours or by giving it away to a friend) you'll be able to lock yourself securely.

The HUD-worn key system built by KDC in its Touchbound system would also be suitable as it works similarly.

Of course if all you want is to lock things on you (with the freedom to unlock them whenever you choose) most toys DO support that.

Yeah, I want to lock stuff on myself and then not have freedom to unlock any of it until a timer runs out.

I have a mummy suit from Doll Life that does that, but I'd like to have an array of things besides just that.

If I were to friend you in SL and then give you the key and tell you not to give it back to me until a certain amount of time has passed would you be willing to oblige?  :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

Of course! Feel free, though I won't be in-world for a couple of hours yet.

I'm even happy to work up a quick 'timer' system where you can rez a box on some land, and have it send you the key after a variable time limit, so that you can handle the majority of it yourself.

I don't have any land to put a timer on, but if you know of a place where I could rent a parcel tiny enough to keep something for cheap or have a place I could use, that would be awesome.  I'd just need a place to rezz the box.  I really only made this av to use every week or 2 when I feel like doing this type of thing.

I'd kind of like to be able to either set the timer to a specific time or have it be a random period of time between x and x hours and I don't want to know what the random time is.

I really appreciate your help.  I won't be able to be in world until probably 6pm, so its no rush.

6pm SLT?

And given a little thought, the system may prove a little tricky. I'm sure a solution can be found. :P

I mean, you wouldn't necessarily need to rez the box on the ground. Just attach it, hide it (or make it look like a key around your neck or similar). As long as the script inside was rezzed for the correct amount of time (being attached to you would make it more accurate in terms of your online time) it would accumulate eventually, and send you the key.

We'll have a tinker, and see what we can come up with that works for you ;)

Yeah, 6pm SLT.

That sounds absolutely perfect, because yeah, I'd like the timer to reflect my online time if that's possible.

The suit that I have just completely makes any access to my inventory impossible and that's how it locked me in.  I'm guessing with this lock thing, I still have inventory access, I just can't remove certain attachments that are locked.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get the key when it is sent to me.

That is indeed an issue to address :P

As I say it'll only work for systems that require prim keys, also.

There's a few ways to do it; considering your inventory will be locked we may have to get a little creative, but I'm pretty confident it's not too tricky.

I won't be online as late as that tonight since I'm European, but I'll have a play around with the concept and I should see you online over the weekend.

As an aside, I've spoken to someone who's super-nice and knowledgable about specific products. The Real Restraint cuffs including the Vixen cuff set, and Netsui Kigyo rope/bondage cuffs both allow you to self-lock them, set the timer and then allow the timer to run before returning to you the keys. They can also have the keys left on them, so that other people can unlock you before your time is up.

I'm sure there's more; you may want to look around =]

I was thinking of getting a few stand alone restraints that I could possibly lock down.

If I got these cuffs would I be effectively inable to remove other things on my avatar, like other restraints that may not have that timer feature?

Could these cuffs possibly be hidden under a costume, if I were to so choose?  I have this suit that turns me into a floating balloon girl that I'd love to be able to trap myself in.

Exactly. ^^ It might be a good approach, for sure.

Some of the cuffs might be able to to control your entire av, and lock your outfit so that you can't change clothes or other parts. In most cases it will just lock the parts of your body with restraints. i.e., attaching wrist cuffs and locking them prevents you from adding or removing things from your lower arms. You can probably specify whether to lock your entire outfit or not, using the menu.

If you're talking of the Bubble Girl from HybridZ, I think it has a timer function already. Give it a try, it might well work for you. If not, toys like the Mars Ring of Total Compliance are able to lock your entire outfit 'as is', on a timer. The ring of compliance is also very small, and easily hidden on a more complicated av or outfit.

Hope that helps. =]

Yes, the bubble girl.   I didn't know it had a timer.  I haven't tried it on yet.  I'll check tonight!

I think this may be the solution I'm looking for.   Thank you so much!

Sounds to me what you want is to be a pony girl... you will be physically restricted, you will definately be lead around by your reins, you will be made to perform infront of an audience (public display)  and, we dont have sex with our ponies.....  If you're interested, find me, I have a very nice private ranch built just for my ponies.

I've tended not to be in world as often as I used to anymore but send me a friend request and hopefully will catch you some time, I've tried a lot of items from quite a number of different vendors at various times so perhaps I could help in pointing you towards a few things also.

Unfortunately I have found that the number of items that can do much to vary the experience without some outside intervention to be limited, I had always wanted to develop some ideas of my own in that regard but never found the time to get scripting as yet.

That aside there is a class of plugins I've seen in various variants that can add variety by allowing participation by various passers by they vary on how much control that you can lose through them, from some that allow little more than changing your lock poses or others that allow increasing timers etc, some variants go as far as literally giving the keys away if you are lucky enough to find someone who will accept and then actually do something creative with the situation it can be a lot of fun. I particularly like some of the third party plugins for Real Restraints when looking at the latter though mainly because in the event you get some troublesome type who just takes the key and does nothing the RR restraints offer alternative safety mechanisms before outright cheating out. (The Struggle Game, RealKey etc) Oh and on that note there are some good plugins that can limit or alter those too making struggling out much harder (or even impossible) and allowing for realkey to be disabled etc.

I'm thinking you should check out the Chain of Command (CoC) plugins for RR, several of the enhancements I just mentioned come from there and they do other things also, the automate plugin for instance might be of interest, some of their others definitely come to mind also for a situation of having someone lock you up and then let you on your own devices, Myriad for example is really impressive though it's range of functionality does make it complicated to operate however properly set up I am sure that it would keep you entertained. Might even be willing to program it for you one time ;)

I'll add that I liked the ideas mentioned using key objects/boxes etc, got me thinking about a few things lol especially where you mentioned about getting around the inventory issue, could work around that if you had the sub give the box PERMISSION_ATTACH first then have them make their way to the box when it decides it is ready to release them. Then my devious side pipes up thinking that not only could the timing of this be random but also need the sub to arrive at the box within a certain time window after it messages them (Maybe make that random too) could be made into an interesting game if a reasonable sized parcel of land were available and the sub was showloc restricted (So they can't see the SLURL of the box when it IM's them) that way they would have to search the land manually to find it and get close enough in time. If the window is missed a random time could be chosen before another opens, could have the key object/box change it's position also with each failure.

Now I'm guessing you can probably see why I'd like to get around to writing an automated restraint toy of some kind, keep thinking up devious ideas that would be fun to try out but then can't find anything out there to match it or I do find something and only end up with it giving me more devious ideas how to add to it xD Would really like to experiment with the idea of requiring the sub to complete some list of tasks in order to eventually get released too, could be fun to implement scenarios with a form similar to having someone lock you up in RL and leave you with a list of tasks to perform while they are away, or at least the beginnings of one, more fun to learn of the objectives as they come along. I think it's the latter fact which is why I never got around to starting working on scripting something like this already, while I am a switch and would really enjoy letting my mind run wild with ideas to program into such a thing and as a sub would really enjoy trying it out that doesn't extend to writing them for myself, it's not the same when you know too much in advance. Anyways, this post has got long enough so think I should leave it there *grins*

EDIT: I wrote it with paragraph breaks for a reason *sighs and adds them back in where SL forums deleted them*