question about hair shops

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've noticed over the course of several months that I'm seeing duplicates at a few hair stores.  Even the models in the photos and marketplace listings appear to be the same.  Yet all these stores have different names.  I've noticed similar things with some other products like shoes. 

Here are some examples of what seems to be shops carrying the same hairs.  There may be others.  This is just what I've come across.  

Karin Lane

Beautiful Dirty Rich 

Edelstore

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me.  Are people just copying others' designs and selling them?  How do I know whose design I'm really getting?  Or does one person have multiple stores with different names?

With mesh products some people make a base mesh which they sell as a text or Blender file. They include a template. This allows people to upload the mesh and show as the creator. They can use the template to texture the item.

It is hard to know if something has been copybot'd or otherwise stolen. If you know the original creator, check with them. Otherwise buy from vendors you know to be reputable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.