My Breast & Mesh

Marcella Rivera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have a very annoying problem and I am sooo angry over it. I have bought a few outfits that were mesh and at first all was well. Now the last 3 outfits that I have bought that were mesh have no way what so ever of covering my breast, Unless I wear large where in that case it widens my body by alot. I am so mad because I feel like I could wear all these nice outfits if it were not for my breast.

Is there a way to solve this or do I just need to get smaller boobies?

Most of my mesh came with alpha masks I have to wear along with them to keep from poking out, they usually fix this problem just fine.

For some outfits, I use a customized version of my shape.  If I tweak  my "regular" shape, it still looks like me but fits better.  I keep the mesh, the alpha mask and the customised shape all in the same folder, easier to put on and take off.  As long as I rember to switch back to my "regular" shape, no one can tell that my boobies are smaller under the mesh. :)

Oh, and while mesh will bend with your body, it will not jiggle with your avatar physics, so I take that off for at least some of the things I have.

This is one of the biggest flaws in the current implementation of Mesh, when it comes to avatar attached things like clothes or body parts. As implemented by LL, Mesh is incapable of responding to any appearance sliders that don't affect 'bone lengths'.

It also can't respond to 'avatar physics' - IE jiggly boobs and butt - so you have to turn that off. Wearing the alpha layers provided with them will at least keep others from seeing you jiggle out of your clothes if they have avatar physics enabled in their viewers.

What this means is that unless you luck out and the clothing designer happened to model their clothing item on something fairly close to your shape, you have to force your shape to match one of the shapes that they designed their clothes for - changing the size and proportions of your bust, butt and other attributes to an often badly proportioned 'standard size'.

Whether it's worth doing that is your call. If your normal shape is kind of close to what the clothing designer offers, maybe it works for you. For a lot of us, the required change is too radical and our avatar doesn't look like themselves when forced into another set of body proportions.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

It also can't respond to 'avatar physics' - IE jiggly boobs and butt - so you have to turn that off. Wearing the alpha layers provided with them will at least keep others from seeing you jiggle out of your clothes if they have avatar physics enabled in their viewers.

Somebody might get wrong idea how avatar physics work, so I think an explanation is due.

Avatar physics are wearer controlled nowThe earlier Phoenix physics was voyer controlled.  We set the physics in our viewer and we saw everybody including ourselves jiggling according to our settings.  Not so anymore.  Now the wearer is in control how others will see the wearer's body parts to jiggle.

• I set my boobs to jiggle in a certain way, I will see the effect myself, others will see the same exact effect

(provided they have the physics enabled in their viewer).

• Others have no control of how much or less they see my boobs jiggle, I'm in control of the jiggle.

• If I take off my physics layer, others cannot see my boobs to jiggle even if they have physics enabled in their viewer.

• Anybody can turn off seeing body physics, then they don't see their parts to jiggle, nor anybody others' who might

be wearing physics layer.

So we don't need to use the alpha mask to hide the jiggling.

Well, it helps in case we were absent minded and forgot to take off our physics layer.  :smileytongue:

For now it is a problem. We hope the Mesh Deformer or AKA: Parametric Deformer Project will correct the problem. There is some debate about how the Deformer will work. 

The Great #SL Deformer Debate

#SL Mesh Deformer Debate Update

A problem is existing mesh objects will not work with the Deformer. They must be uploaded with the new Mesh Uploader to turn on the Deformer active feature. Right now that can only be done with the Deformer Project Viewer. There are Deformer Test Clothes in Hippo Hollow.

When the Deformer is in use, mesh clothes jiggle with Avatar Enhanced Physcis. 

With any luck we will see the Deformer come online this year.

#1 You need to try a demo of the mesh, if you didn't and find it didn't fit after buying, the creator will not refund you unless s/he is very nice. It's the same with no-mod sculpties.

#2 You don't understand the concept of rigged mesh. (Rigged) mesh is basically a conformable sculpty, you cannot edit its shape in any way unless you export it into another modeling program just like sculpties (ie, you can't make edges smoother or make a 5-point star 6 points). With sculpties you can edit its size if it's mod, with rigged mesh you can't even edit its size because allowing size editing would totally mess up the anchoring to avatar bones. Therefore if you want to wear mesh, your body shape is determined by the mesh object. SL's mesh isn't advanced enough for auto-conformation (ie, mesh automatically conforms to your own body shape) as of now (not sure how the deformer works). Technically mesh doesn't affect your body shape, because you wear an alpha under it to totally "delete" your body and let the mesh "be your body".

Due to the above, there's no way to edit the breast size of the mesh. Furthermore, mesh sizing is based on standard realistic human figures. If you do not fit into any of its sizes, it can only mean your own avatar is nonrealistic, ie hips too wide, breasts too large, legs too long, etc, it's not the mesh's fault. Creators cannot make their meshes accomodate everyone, that would mean they have to make 35823529350+ different mesh models. Also another tip, sizes in SL are more exaggerated than they appear in-game. For example a relatively flat breast in SL may well be an H-cup in RL, and not many people are H-cup in RL!

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem and it pisses me off too Marcella.

Two tricks to minimize this pain is to create a copy of your shape with smaller breasts and save it within the outfit so you only use it when you wearing mesh tops (I also have a 3rd copy with smaller butt too).

The other one is to create your own alpha layers. This one is not so easy but sometimes the results are better, specially when the creator makes too mush body parts invisible (like between legs, cleavage, etc) to ensure it fits for everyone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.