Sign in to follow this  
Rival Destiny

Strike a Pose! Celebrating the creativity of SL ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this so if not I appologize in advance.

Like many sl residents, I have a flicker site.  Over the past few years, I've loved to see the creativity of other residents, some amazing talent!

For the past few months now, I've been seeing a new avatar type.  I'm unsure if it's ok to post a photo from a flicker member here to show an example so I won't.  I think most will know what I'm talking about anyway.

The avatars in question have very wide hips, short legs and quite a large space between the legs.  The faces are always frowning and there is usually a number of tatoos and piercings.

I'm very curious about what seems to be a rather widespread trend in sl.  It seems to have gone viral.  Although it's not my style, I am amazed at the creativity.  Not only of the avatars but the creators of the clothes, shoes, tattoos, body piercings, etc etc that are a part of this new look.

So, what is behind this trend?  What demographic does it encompass?  Who started it?  Is this a reflection of something from real life? 

Thoughts?

Edited to add - Oops I am in the Adult Content Forum, General Discussion

I meant to post this in General Discussion!!!

Please move?  thx

The other day I saw what appeared to be a male example of this new 'race' of avatars in SL.  The same wide hips and space between its short legs, the same grumpy pout and wide-spaced squinting eyes, but definitely male!  Perhaps this indicates they're breeding :)

I came across a survey a month or so ago in one of the blogs I follow about this "shape". 

They referred to it as the 'riding an invisible pony' shape and were asking simply .. like it or not... I adamantly picked NOT.  It's a strange look then add in the very pouty lips.. I just don't get it. But I did get a giggle from the name they gave it.

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.