Why is it so hard to get into this place?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My immediate reaction was that I had been sent to a spoof site, but relaxed when I discovered I was automatically signed into the main account page. I then read this thread. I got a couple elastic bands, some sticky tape and an old coat hanger and managed to get this forum to load.

I see that Linden Lab has not posted anything on the main blog site for, oh, three months now. I presume there are janitors somewhere in the main building that keep the servers running - though, obviously one of them hit a switch with a broom handle, which is why logins are not working properly.

Echo...echo......echo.......... Anybody here? Earth calling Linden Lab.

I don't know if you saw the thread from last week, or the week before, in which the OP said he'd been told by someone at LL support to post the question in the Forum because that was the best way to get a Linden to see it.

I'd say the timestamps on this thread should serve to illustrate just how well that works.

2 days ago I submitted a ticket lol. Dunno why (my last ticket waited for months for someone to reply) and today I got reply. Yay:) It seems this issue is being caused by passwords that contain non-ascii characters in them. I allready changed mine. So if someone has problems signing in, change your password:)

Its impressive how fast LL replied! The weird thing is, since I couldn't login, I submitted a ticket as a guest and commented through mail. I described the whole issue, added a comment that I found out what the problem is and succesfully logged in after changing my password. It seems they don't read mails lol

Tamara Artis wrote:

2 days ago I submitted a ticket lol. Dunno why (my last ticket waited for months for someone to reply) and today I got reply. Yay:) It seems
 this issue is being caused by passwords that contain non-ascii characters in them. I allready changed mine. So if someone has problems signing in, change your password:)

Its impressive how fast LL replied! The weird thing is, since I couldn't login, I submitted a ticket as a guest and commented through mail. I described the whole issue, added a comment that I found out what the problem is and succesfully logged in after changing my password. It seems they don't read mails lol

I think there is more to it than non-ascii characters in passwords, as my password does not contain any and I've had problems for months logging in to Answers/Forum with numerous 404 errors (Dashboard always worked fine). During the past few days however, I haven't seen any 404 errors so hopefully Linden Lab has corrected the matter. I do still get directed to the Support page on occasions after logging in even though that wasn't the page I was reading. I'll change my password anyway and see if that aspect improves.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.