What is Second Life Grid?

Hermione Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I started Second Life I wait a bit, then before finnish loading it stop. A sign shows up and it stood:

"We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or Second Life Grid. You can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes, click Help to the Second Life Support Portal, or click Teleport to attempt to teleport home."

My internet works fine, but I have no idea what "Second Life Grid" is. Please help!

5 answers to this question

Run through these steps to find your connection problem and figure out what to fix or who to call: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

Another way to describe SL is: a cooperative developement platform. You can use SL to build your own virtual world, a role play game, a first or third person shooter, a golf game... it goes on and on. You are only limited by your imagination. You can do whatever as a single person or as part of team.

I think the only downfall of SL is it does not cater to the TV kids lacking imagination. It doesn't entertain you, but it gives you a nearly infinite range of possibilities for being engaged.

The shiny new What Is SL page is here: http://secondlife.com/whatis/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.