i put in a wrong birth date!!!

tracijo1994

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

You must be kidding.....let me guess...you didn't know you have to make an age verification before entering the world of naked and naugthy pixelstuff, right? And now you want to make yourself a few months older....Sorry to say that, but you can't change the birthdate you entered.

You have to wait untill your 18 or create a new account.

Yeah. Lucky you. I wish I had forgotten my birthday date too. But I'm way over 18, nah nah nanah nah!:P

Seriously, don't you try to cheat about your age, you'll be caught somehow. I'll cook you a nice birthday cake when you turn 18. In the meanwhile, stick to PG content (and you can have twice as fun without adult activities in SL!) :smileyhappy:

Hi tracijo1994, you do seem to have had a catalogue of problems since starting your Second Life.  :catsad:

Start afresh is what I'd say you ought to do - and don't be in a hurry to be an 'adult' - it honestly sounds much more exciting than it really is. 

When you age verify, be honest with LL or you run the risk of acquiring an IP ban.

TraciJo,

Didn't we chat about this a few days ago?

So now you can't visit Age 18 and older places because you put in a birthday younger than your real age. Really?

I'm finding that so hard to believe.

Well lesson learned.  

Just a reminder, you may need to provide proof of age with a new Avatar Account so if I were you I'd be telling the truth in regards to your birthdate. Imagine having to send in a fax of your Driver's License or Birth Certificate with another date on it. Don't become the Poster Child of the Got Caught Lying set.

:matte-motes-agape:, I'm turning 60 next month and proud of it.

I think what you really mean is, you put in the right birthdate, and now would like to lie about it to get into Adult places.

First of all, congratulations on NOT trying to lie about your age in the first place.  You may be kicking yourself now, but trust me...it was the smart thing to do, both for yourself and for others.  Let me explain...

It was smart for you for two reasons.  One, people who lie about their age in Second Life almost always get found out eventually...and then they are permanently banned from SL by Linden Lab.  And two, if you are under 18 you are almost certainly NOT ready for some of the content, and the people using it, that you will find in the Adult parts of SL.  I know you're impatient to grow up, and you think I'm nuts...but in a few years (or even in a few months, when you do turn 18), you'll understand.

It was smart for others because adult residents, pursuing adult activities, expect to be doing so with other adults.  It can be VERY upsetting to someone to find out that they have been doing Naughty Stuff with a minor, even if said minor has no intention of bringing charges.  Or consider the following scenario:  You lie about your age, and you meet a nice man in one of the Adult areas.  You hit it off, and you both have some wild and XXX-rated times.  During one of these, your Mom happens to poke her head in your room and sees what you are doing.  When she recovers from her faint, she gets the avatar name of your partner, and calls the FBI.  You're in Big Trouble.  In addition to being grounded for life, your account is going to be canceled (either by your mom, or by LL).  Your friend is in even Bigger Trouble, and it's not his fault, it's yours.

Patience!  Adulthood happens to us all, and it won't be all that long before you're looking back wistfully at your younger self.

• Like 2

I'm sorry.  I'm with Lindal on this.  In short, I simply don't believe you.  You know the year you were born, just as you know the month and day you were born......that is, of course, if you are over the age of 5.  Sure you can make a typo and hit 3 or 5 when you meant to hit 4 (that "1994" part of your user name).  But, if you are so careless to not check the information you entered into the fields to make sure they are correct, then I don't have much sympathy either.  That's not a mistake....it's carelessness.  Now you are going to have to jump through hoops to get the problem corrected (all due to you not caring much at all.....and you want me to believe you suddenly care now?).

Wait it out like all the other honest users who join before their 18th birthday....quit trying to cheat.  All that adult stuff will still be there when you really turn 18.....you ain't missing much, believe me.

Thank you very much for calling us ass holes. You can be sure that next time you have a question we will make it a pleasure to NOT help you. Insulting people trying to help others (and we don't even get paid for that :P) in these forums won't lead you anywhere. Have a nice day too, bummer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.