Login Failed: Unable to access secondlife from this computer

RayRayStormcrowSnowpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been dealing with the problem of not being able to access any normal viewers for almost a year now. Since July of 2011, it keeps giving me the same error message: Login failed, secondlife cannot be accessed from this computer. I contacted LL about it and according to them, I'm not ban from secondlife. They said they'll investigate it, but it's been 2 weeks of non stop ticket filling for them which is some cases are closed with no answer or I'm reffered from one person to the next. So while I'm waiting, is thier anything I can possible do to see if it's a problem with my computer? From the viewer I can login with, I'm having alot of glitches where things right in front of me take a minute to appear, but I figured it's just server troubles.

2 answers to this question

Snowpaw,

Actually this sounds like your are having internet access issues and/or router/firewall problems.

Have you read and done all the following:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/130...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F

Also

Did you buy the PC used from another SL player? Here is a unofficial link to a Video that may help you.

If you share internet access via a dorm/apartment common router etc, someone else may have caused the ban and you are caught by it. Have you tried accessing SL and your account  from another PC elsewhere? Have you tried using your PC at another place?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.