Jason? Stephen? Whomever 'they' are..they are harassing and a nuisance!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As long this is a commercial virtual world folks will continuue that, i guess lol Its the other side of the medal ! I personaly know and knowed folks which life the illusion to get theyr RL income here lol (Me personaly already sayd byebye to that idea and all that greedyness a loooong while ago lool)

This character who runs these bot armies has broken the TOS on so many levels - Unwanted Advertising Spam, Linden Fraud, creating hundreds of Alts.  He has been reported by hundreds of people in dozens of busy Sims all across Second Life. The Lindens have chosen to do nothing.  If this sort of spam continues people will become inundated in a shower of spam and spend their online time muting ever expanding armies of numerical bots.  Or you could just stay in a sim by yourself and not interact with anyone. But I don't think anyone really wants that.

Some have suggested that certain club owners have brought this grief on themselves.  Their crime is that they have a busy Sims and so they should expect that they will be subjected to an ever increasing assault of spambots. Ignore it and it will go away some say. Close your groups, others say.   I say Horse Hockey!  Why do we have to take this? If enough people raise their voice eventually the noise will get so loud that it can't be ignored.

The Lindens have the tools to stop this. Private SIm owners do not. By ignoring these scores of ARs the Lindens either are condoning this activity or they are telling us that they are  powerless to stop it. Either is unacceptable.

[18:09] Mike214: hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out

Oh now this is really, really alarming.  It ought to scare the pants off LL, too. I just don't know if they can do anything about it or not. At the very least there needs to be a massive educational campaign where everyone learns to identify and automatically mute this spam. Sort of an anit-litter campaign.

When is this **bleep** gonna stop? They're using ANY names now..... They are hitting hard everywhere even at our SIM...

[18:16] Mike214: hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out

I saw in some clubs they have automated warnings now about this spam and also let hosts and/or dancers use gestures with warnings. It has never been so bad as this one. In all the crowded places this spam is going on and i got the message.

There must be something that can be done by technical (tinden) people. First by doing a research on how this person/account and/or bot or software is operating. Then taking action against it.

So i agree that this is worth top put effort in by the Lindens

Lol! I just had this happen to me yesterday...I don't think I should've responded (since it was spam) but I was like, "I'm new and playing for free...so I'm wishing and can't help you either..."

I don't know...reporting could always help so that who ever is doing it (more than one person) can be traced and banned or something...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.