Sign in to follow this  
Markusblade453

Mesh Arm Alpha

I've been searching for a mesh arm alpha layer so I can use a cybernetic arm, but I cant seem to find any that are sold individually on the marketplace. Any ideas as to where I can find them?

Hi Markus

Np, I have made my own foot alphas for my shoes so the same principle can (?) be applied to arms...

Post a sketch or pic and I will make one for you.

:catvery-happy:

edit: OOPS! cannot do 1 arm! as the aplha textures are based on the clothing textures used by the viewer i.e. if i hide it on the texture it will hide both arms ...sorry :catsad:  The only other way i can think of is to meshify your avatar, edit it without one arm and re-upload!!!....tricky.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i had the same issue, unfortunately you have to use invisi prims.

I wouldn't make anything new with Invisiprims. They don't mask anything if you have shadows turned on, so your content will break with high end hardware and graphics settings.

The only decent way now to do a 'Single cybernetic arm', is to use mesh, and either replace the entire avatar, or replace both arms, with one normal looking mesh arm and one mechanical looking mesh arm, and an alpha mask that hides both arms on the normal avatar.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i had the same issue, unfortunately you have to use invisi prims.

I wouldn't make anything new with Invisiprims. They don't mask anything if you have shadows turned on, so your content will break with high end hardware and graphics settings.

The only decent way now to do a 'Single cybernetic arm', is to use mesh, and either replace the entire avatar, or replace both arms, with one normal looking mesh arm and one mechanical looking mesh arm, and an alpha mask that hides both arms on the normal avatar.

And for those of us that cant or dont make mesh? Invisiprims work just fine for me.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

And for those of us that cant or dont make mesh? Invisiprims work just fine for me.

They might seem to, but to anyone using a powerful enough machine and/or graphics card to turn on shadows, you'll look a mess.