RTFM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think reality dictates to us that it's perfectly insane to expect anybody but trained professionals to RTFM.

And even those are going to be doing it half-heartedly with a sad face on.

Too much info overload everywhere. Ignoring just about everything around you makes for a critical, if unrecognized, skill needed to survive and succeed in today's world.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Either you do it, or you don't.  

Do you? 

You are wrong with your "Either you do it, or you don't" statement. I do it a little -  only the essential bits - and I don't think qualifies for the left side of your statement - but it may be me who's wrong.

Vegro Solari wrote:

I think
reality dictates to us that it's perfectly insane to expect anybody but trained professionals to RTFM

And even those are going to be doing it half-heartedly with a sad face on.

Too much info overload everywhere. Ignoring just about everything around you makes for a critical, if unrecognized, skill needed to survive and succeed in today's world.

You buy that brand spankin new Martha Stewart Food Processor, and you don't read the manual?  

I RTFM when I seek information and sometimes I learn things that I did not expect to learn.  I also use help forums  for specific questions that I cannot easily find in TM perhaps because my setup is different.

I do wish that new residents would avail themselves of the Answers forum when they have questions.  It is a treasure trove of good stuff and people nowdays should be comfortable using a search function, right?  If not, they could read up on it.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Either you do it, or you don't.  

Do you? 

I do.

I find some of them a form of entertainment, specially when they are google-translated.
Or in case of IKEA
, describe 4 type of cupboards in one drawing.....

There is nothing like building that IKEA bookshelf without the instructions, and having 4 extra screws when you are complete.  Ahh, the smiles and the satisifaction.  

Phil Deakins wrote:

You are wrong with your "Either you do it, or you don't" statement. I do it a little -  only the essential bits - and I don't think qualifies for the left side of your statement - but it may be me who's wrong.

I can appreciate this^^.  Doing it a little is doing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.