How do I contact a Linden about asking a question on a specific group of avatars?

melody Swashbuckler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need to ask a Linden about the RP and lifestyle of a specific group of avatars. This isn't a dire emergency but the lines are so blurred between what is right and wrong on these type of avatars that I would like to get a definitive answer on what is and is not allowed for them. No where on the Support a Ticket menu does a field for this come up at and calling LL is for billing only, so it wouldn't help me out there to call them. No, before I get people commenting, this is not about child avatars. The rules for child avatars are plainly stated. Any help on how to contact a Linden to ask my question is greatly appreciated. EDITED: My question is about adult babies. Didn't want to say it in the original question but.... Adult babies dress like kids, (mainly babydoll style dresses and prepubescent fashions), talk like adults most of the time, act like adults most of the time but want to be in sexual situations. At first glance they look like giant kids with their pacifiers, diapers, cute dresses and cute AO but then you notice the BDSM accessories. This gets people thinking, hmmm pedophilia.... All of the adult baby places I know of have strict height limits that you must be 1.65m tall in order to visit and require adult skins. But the blurred line is, where does it go from being an adult up wants to have a bit of fun or live out their lifestyle to an adult who is breaking the TOS by sexually age playing with another adult, despite both of the, being adults if naked? See my delimina?

4 answers to this question

If you know the name of a specific Linden who handles issues that interest you, you may try sending an IM or e-mail note to that person.  Otherwise, the only methods we have are stated here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/How-to-Contact-Support/td-p/1286925  .  If you are a Premium member, you have more options filing support tickets than if you are a Basic member >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Types_of_Support_Case .  For all other issues, SL residents support each other in world or through forums like these.  

If you look at Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing ageplay, that forbids "depictions of, or engagement in, sexualized conduct with avatars that resemble children" so, by my reading, it wouldn't necessarily forbid depictions of avatars that resemble adults dressed up as children (rather like the RL situation, in fact).    

I'm not sure who would deal with this, nor what they'd tell you other than to read that wiki article I've mentioned.  That tells you what the policy is, but the factual question of whether or not it applies to a particular set of circumstances has to depend on what those circumstances, in fact, are.   Sensibly enough, to my mind, the article advises, "If you are in doubt as to whether an activity may be interpreted as ageplay, we request you err on the side of caution and desist," and -- for what little it's worth -- I'd gloss that with "would a reasonable and objective observer, looking at the computer screen, say 'that's a representation of a child' or 'that's a representation of an adult in children's clothes' ?"

All I can suggest, based on what Viale Linden has advised me to do at Adult Content User Group meetings when there's been an issue that I'm not sure who to ask about it, is sending an email to community@secondlife.com, and the team there can decide to whom to route it for a reply.   But I don't know what they'll be able to tell you other than that LL's policy, in general, is explained in that wiki article and that, when in doubt, it's prudent to err on the side of caution.

You're right, this is a gray area, and LL has not issued any policy on this practice.  (By the way, I suspect you will be unsuccessful in your attempt to contact one and get an official policy statement out of them.)

Here's my take on it.

The "Adult Baby" fetish is not pedophilia.  The people involved know that everyone is a consenting adult of legal age.  The avatars involved are not depicting a "child-like" avatar, they are depicting an adult avatar wearing baby clothes and being treated as an infant by a domme.

This is a form of D/s roleplay, not sexual age play.  A baby is powerless, and is dependent on its mother to tell it what to do.  This is what is being acted out by the "adult baby" submissive.  And in fact, sex acts seldom if ever play a part in this sort of roleplay...because a baby is not capable of having sex.

Meh...not my scene at all.  But there are some D/s discussion groups in world.  If you want to find someone more knowledgeable to discuss your concerns with, I suggest you look up one of these groups.

If it's avatars that clearly appear to be adults, but are dressed like babies or children, then move on, sex or no sex.

If it's avatars that are intended to look like children/minors involved in sexual situations, then you can file an abuse-report against an individual user, being sure to specify the time and location of the problem activity so that Linden Lab and/or its agents can check server logs.

Linden Lab does not accept abuse reports about groups or about classes of people, so you'll need to report people one at a time when they break the rules.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.