Vote for same merchant/more than one store without 2nd av HERE

Lilly Boucher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lilly Boucher wrote:

I just made a Jiar on the issue and it would be nice if we could divide our products in differnt stores wihtout the need to change avatar.

Please vote.

Thanks

When i look at your store i see categories on the left hand side.. I'm not sure what more you are looking for.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

When i look at your store i see categories on the left hand side.. I'm not sure what more you are looking for.

I can answer that.  *I* want to be able to create my own categories, not be stuck with LL's very small selection of generic and inappropriate ones for MY stuff.

*I* want to be able to sort and present the order of products that I wish to market most effectively.  They're MY products, I know much better than LL how to market my items.

I have no need for about 99.99% of the SL provided categories but am forced to use them.  I don't mind being forced to use them but i'd much rather present my online offerings how I best see fit.

LL should provide the tools, not force the operating method.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Multiple stores make for a more organised existence, personally I think it should be a premium/concierge perk to have two or three stores, after that it should be a fee to have more stores.

Why do you think they should throw up artifical barriers by charging fees or limiting it to only to certain residents?  Are you unable to compete without these?

LL already takes a large enough commission on everything you sell and then even more when you cash out.  If you can market products better you sell more, they get more money.  Its not like its going to cost them more server space to have products divided by store.  If i have 500 in 1 store, the same amount divided in two stores doesn't take up any more server space.

Agreed.  I understand why we have their categories outside our shop area in what we might describe as the "search commons", but when someone navigates to my shop, they should see what I want them to see, including the number and kind of categories that I think my products are best organized into for my customer's convenience.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Multiple stores make for a more organised existence, personally I think it should be a premium/concierge perk to have two or three stores, after that it should be a fee to have more stores.

Why do you think they should throw up artifical barriers by charging fees or limiting it to only to certain residents?  Are you unable to compete without these?

LL already takes a large enough commission on everything you sell and then even more when you cash out.  If you can market products better you sell more, they get more money.  Its not like its going to cost them more server space to have products divided by store.  If i have 500 in 1 store, the same amount divided in two stores doesn't take up any more server space.

Marketplace commission is a sink, LL don't bank that. Sinks are important and somewhere in the cycle they should be helping LL to make money but it is not direct bankable income.

I see more stores as an enhancement, people would still be able to have a store, if they want different stores, then it's an enhancement and I don't really see why there shouldn't be fees involved for enhancements, people already pay for advertising enhancements on the marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.