Sign in to follow this  
ROMSEY Homewood

Mesh Avatar - rescaling problem from Blender

Hello peeps!

The problem seems to be when I go to upload window and check "include Skin Weights" the model then gets resized (in the preview window) to a basic avatar shape making the mesh stretched to a basic avatar height, therefore destroying the joint positions..Am I missing something in Blender before "Making Real"?

The Mesh works OK when worn but the joints are not in the right place i.e.. Using my normal avatar joints. It is like the limbs have been moved out of position....

Hope you can help! :catvery-happy:

Did you click the "joint" checkbox beneath "Include Skin Weights"?  Also, to see the joints in the preview window, you need to check skin weights and joints beneath that window,

• Like 1

Ty for the quick reply...

I have checked both skin & joint boxes...it is when i check skin weights that the actual model in the preview pane changes, so I am thinking I am missing a step in Blender...Not a lot of tutorials to get guide lines from.

Maybe its your scales ? if they are not 1.0 in all axes, then try Object -> Apply Scale on your mesh object(s) before exporting.

• Like 1

Hello Gaia!

Thx for the info, i have tried object > apply scale etc to no avail. I have tried all the options possible but still get the "stretching" of the mesh as if it was trying to fit a normal avatar...

oh and thx for your gr8 vids on machinamatrix :)))

:smileylol: Yes its all getting a bit techy...i have scaled my mesh with the skeleton...but. i have adjusted the joint positions on the skeleton slightly to fit my mesh (centre is still 0,0,0,) is it possible to move these joints without causing these glitches?

examples below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3EMKxx5ARWEZWFtcThiMDRQaHc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3EMKxx5ARWEVm1rOGh5SGZRM00/edit

I noticed that the SL Importer from Second Life 3.3.2 (257717) seems to not take joints into account in the preview window. That leads to the distortions as you report. But so far all my meshes worked for me as expected after import.

If you still get problems with wrong located joints, then maybe you could publish the blend file somewhere, so we could take a look into it. That is in most cases MUCH faster than guessing :)

Also it may be interesting to take a look at the .dae file Maybe the data is correct, but the SL Importer expects it in a different way...

:catsad: File will not upload to PasteAll.org...after 15 minutes. There does not seem to be many totally free, without sign-up, file sharing websites...i guess i will have to try and fix it myself.

Thank you for your precious time.