Mesh Avatar - rescaling problem from Blender

ROMSEY Homewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello peeps!

The problem seems to be when I go to upload window and check "include Skin Weights" the model then gets resized (in the preview window) to a basic avatar shape making the mesh stretched to a basic avatar height, therefore destroying the joint positions..Am I missing something in Blender before "Making Real"?

The Mesh works OK when worn but the joints are not in the right place i.e.. Using my normal avatar joints. It is like the limbs have been moved out of position....

Hope you can help! :catvery-happy:

:smileylol: Yes its all getting a bit techy...i have scaled my mesh with the skeleton...but. i have adjusted the joint positions on the skeleton slightly to fit my mesh (centre is still 0,0,0,) is it possible to move these joints without causing these glitches?

examples below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3EMKxx5ARWEZWFtcThiMDRQaHc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3EMKxx5ARWEVm1rOGh5SGZRM00/edit

I noticed that the SL Importer from Second Life 3.3.2 (257717) seems to not take joints into account in the preview window. That leads to the distortions as you report. But so far all my meshes worked for me as expected after import.

If you still get problems with wrong located joints, then maybe you could publish the blend file somewhere, so we could take a look into it. That is in most cases MUCH faster than guessing :)

Also it may be interesting to take a look at the .dae file Maybe the data is correct, but the SL Importer expects it in a different way...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.