Strange Land Issue!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This situation doesn't fall under any of the drop down categories when trying to submit a support ticket, so I figured I'd ask here befoe having the sim owner get involved for technical support assistance.  

I own a 4096 size parcel in a private region, and for the past week or so, can not walk across the whole thing.  If I am in my house, I am fine.  If I exit the house and go down the stairs which puts me toward the center of the parcel, I get tossed into the water at the edge of the land.  It's like what happens when you are ejected from somewhere, it just tosses you out.  The strange thing is, this only happens on the land; if I am up on my sky platform which spans the entire size of my parcel, I can walk end to end without any problems. Friends can walk on the land without any issues, so it seems to just be my avatar. If I attempt to walk, or teleport to any area on one half of my parcel, I get tossed overboard.  I have not rezzed anything that would cause this issue, and have not changed any viewer settings.  I checked land objects and scripts, and the only items there are mine and my partners, so that rules out any griefer activity/scripts (I have settings so only group members can rezz anyway, so that's usually never an issue).  I cleared cache and relogged , waited a few days, and the issue still persists.  Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing something like this? 

My guess... and it's only a guess... is an oversize sculpty object not set phantom (for instance is the SIM you're on using a SIM surround?). It could also be something scripted with a push. Have the SIM owner turn off all scripts on the SIM when you're there... and see if the problem goes away. If the problem does not occur with scripts off, it's a scripted object somewhere with a push. If it still happens with scripts off it's more likely a very large mega prim sculpty object overhanging (you would not see the object's overhang, even on highlight transparent).

I hope this helps.

I don't think a bounding box issue as they don't actually kick you like you say is happening.  Ususally they just act like a wall and you can't go further. It could be I guess, but I think it may be another issue.

I suspect, based on my own experience as a landlord, that it could very well be a neighbors security system.  I have seen it happen.  The security system malfunctions for some reason and all of the sudden starts 'protecting' a wider area than it should, and goes over property lines or someone set up a security system for too wide an area.  I'd contact your neighbors and ask them to turn off their security so you can see if this is the case. If you can't contact them or they won't cooperate, have your landlord deal with the issue.

LL won't do anything about either of these two possible reasons for the problem.  It will be up to you and the landlord to resolve them.

The bounding box and faulty security system ideas don't appear to apply as the OP said that friends can walk on the ground without having the problem. I suppose the security idea could be true if the neighbour has the OP on the security device's ban list and its range is too wide. But even then, no security device should be able to eject people that are not "over my land". It can't eject from other people's land. It can issue warnings, of course, but not actually eject. I don't think so, anyway.

if is not something obvious on your or the neighbours land that has your name in/on it then:

on a mainland parcel i had a weird spot. whenever i walked onto it pushed me up and away

turned out was a phantom artifact of a push trampoline/bouncer that used to be there from previous land owner. when they removed all their stuff it went phantom. was there but you couldnt see it and it not show up in any view including script info

when the next sims rolling restart happened then it went away

maybe is something like that happening. is something phantom and scripted with your name on it would seem like if only happens to you 

maybe someone in your group was playing with something and they delete but it went phantom? maybe not sure

eta: if it is then a sim restart will fix it

Tried all suggestions and still not fixed so the estate manage is filing a support ticket.  I have rezzing and scripts turned off except for group members, push is disabled, and there are no objects or scripts on the parcel except for mine and my Masters.  All my sculpts in the yard are phantom,and I had neighbors check for overhanging items, of which there were none.  We even did a sim restart.  The odd thing is that it ONLY happens to my avatar.  I disalbed RLV because sometimes that can go wonky, and that wasn't the cause either. Very very odd! When I find out what it was I'll post the info in case it ever comes up again for anyone else.  It's a stumper! Thanks again for the suggestions. 

Problem solved! In case anyone experiences stuff like this in the future, I discovered what it was by doing a character test.  Since it was just happening to my avatar, it had to be something I was wearing. So, I noobed up.  Yep, hair, skin, clothes and all. Straight from the library. Very scary! *giggle*.  I put all my items back on one by one, and tp'd to the problem location after adding each item.  The issue happened when I attached my Tokon hud.  No one that was currently on in the Xcite group could think of what it was, so I just reset the whole hud, and it fixed the problem.  Yay! Regular resetting of an item that is worn constantly is probably a good practice to get into!

Phil Deakins wrote:

The bounding box and faulty security system ideas don't appear to apply as the OP said that friends can walk on the ground without having the problem. I suppose the security idea could be true if the neighbour has the OP on the security device's ban list and its range is too wide. But even then, no security device should be able to eject people that are not "over my land". It can't eject from other people's land. It can issue warnings, of course, but not actually eject. I don't think so, anyway.

Actually they can.  I've had it happen to me personally back in the days when I owned just a lot and I have also had to deal with this as a landlord many times. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.