Will the Euro crisis affect sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The worldwide financial crisis will continue to get worse, according to those I've talked with in real life who make their living analyzing such things. Worse. See: the way of Greece.

So it just makes me laugh when 90 percent of the former teen grid is owned by speculators who bought it at auction for around 15k per parcel and are holding out for not a penny less than 200k (or more.) They laugh when told that no one will pay that, but I will make a reasonable offer, and they will come out more than ahead.

Nope, a lot, a lot, of people are still in denial.

(Even the meeroos peeps had a food sale finally! But not the land flippers...)

>>The worldwide financial crisis will continue to get worse.. Worse.<<

Yep. There may be monthly or quarterly upturns now & then but the trend over years & decades is downward. There's nothing that can be done about it because the causes arent political or economic. Theyre biogeochemical & if there was ever something that could be done about it weve long since missed the chance. Ppl wont care mucha bout games like SL when they increasingly hav2 scramble just to put food on the table.

Jeanne

Thanks Jeanne for the insight. One thing that cheers me up is looking backward - at my family tree, basically. Ancestors who made it through the literal wilderness, (like PBS frontier house only for real) or before then emigrated to an unknown world, or after that who made it through the Great Depression of 1870s or 1930s. I believe in people's will to survive. I hope for people's will to help one another.

The whole world system is changing, I think there aim is a super dollar, and one central bank, this wont be balanced and will be the seeds of a future civil war, the USA will hope to get all those involved in paying for their defense and health care as will be the out come when all the currencies join, we do now indirectly as the US prints to pay for these things and the Euro and pound shadow the dollar.

But as how it relates to SL, the poor and middle classes will get poorer to pay for these things while the rich pay less, so the tech people use will reduce to suit that, that is happening now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.