I really need help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really need help because  when i tried to login to my avater it takes a long time then its gna say that i just disconect then when i use my 2nd avater he logs in just fine fast and no saying that i disconected.

If there is any GMs or any one that knows how to fix this please tell me i have a family in sl and my daughters just lost there mother because she quit.

I know of at least two things that can cause this.

One is the avi is ghosted and still logged in, while you are logged out trying to get in. That will cause you to disconnect immediatly. 'However its easy to see, try login to a empty region instead, like furball

If that moves the login bar a few millimeters, just keep at it, keep trying, each attempt will move the bar a bit further until your finally logged in.

The other problem is that some of your logfiles contain stuff that the viewer cant deal with during the login  and adding any stored messages.

when this happens to my avatars i simply remove the logfiles directory and let the viewer make a new one, ofcourse backing up any saved logs and teleport history i want to keep.

As far as i can tell some chat logs contain characters that cause the viewer to go into hibernation during login, and once the two minute or so timeout is up it disconnects.

Symptoms of the problem is one of your avis just take forever login and after a minute or two just disconnects, while other alts you have login fine.

I suspect some parts of the login procedure cant cope with all possible national characters. Just as the new direct delivery marketplace couldnt either, same programmers, same mistakes perhaps...

for me simply renaming AppData/Roaming/Firestorm/somename

into AppData/Roaming/Firestorm/somenamebak102367

since it happens quite often...

then start firestorm and it will work fine. then simply copy some old selected logfiles to the fresh created AppData/Roaming/Firestorm/somename folder

telport history is usally something one might be intrested in along with maybe some other stuff

Hope this helps.

It helps me every time it happens.

Try Clearing the Cache BEFORE logging in.  This will allow all of the Avatar specific files to be redownloaded from the SL server.

Bring up the Second Life loggin screen

Go to the upper left hand corner <click>  Me

<click> Advanced

<click> Clear Cache

Changing this file, by renaming, could help also.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.