Computer Help

AshlynJade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am currently saving up my money to upgrade my desktop to be able to support Second Life on Ultra graphics with Shadows. Cost is not an issue here as I want a high end desktop and will just save up until I can afford it. I am able to do all the installation myself but its been many years since I've had a computer repair class so am a bit out of date on specs. 

My current specs are - 

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz

1.5 GB DDR2 Memory

ATI Radeon x300/x550/x1050 series

250 GB Hard Drive

I already plan on upgrading to Windows 7. But my question is should I upgrade processors, memory, hard drive, and graphics as well? If so, to what that would be compatable with my computer. Any help would be great! If you need more specs just let me know. Wasn't sure what all I actually needed to post. 

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi Ashlyn,

To be honest, rather than spending money on upgrading your existing desktop, which is quite old, you would be way better off just buying a new one, especially If cost really is not an issue.

Have a look at the custom built computers in the link below, which will give you a good idea of the components in modern high end gaming machines.

http://www.cryopc.co.uk/?page_id=630&cat_id=21

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.