Hey that Chic has a ding a ling ....

Alishen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was at a club , at timesI like to turn on highlight transparent as some people have cool guns or things on .

Well  I came across a girl...with a big old transparent male genital on . So I giggle and go about my way and start hanging out and enjoying the music.

A few mins later  I get a IM...if was the girl with te big ding a ling in alpha...

So we chat for a min,I am always nice to any one and judge no one that IMs me.

After talking a little bit she invites me to her SL house and I tell her " I enjoy public places but thank you."  .

She ask me to dance so being  nice but not wanting to have a sword fight I said "I be afraid your hidden friend on your pelvis might poke me...." Next thing you know she tells me I have some kind of cheating bad viewer...tells me she going to AR me..So I explain to her how to turn on highlight transparent......there was a pause.....and a poooof  she was gone..

Lesson of the story,if you are new..and you "Hide" a prim part of your body we can all see it if we turn on highlight transparent...

Alishen wrote:

She ask me to dance so being  nice but not wanting to have a sword fight I said "I be afraid your hidden friend on your pelvis might poke me...." Next thing you know she tells me I have some kind of cheating bad viewer...tells me she going to AR me..So I explain to her how to turn on highlight transparent......there was a pause.....and a poooof  she was gone..

I once saw a woman in crowded club.  She was wearing huge "anti-inspect / anti copy bot" shield.  My camera was constantly stuck on her huge shield.  I got a bit annoyed by it, I de-rendered it and inspected her stuff.  Then I IMed her telling that her shield is totally useless and why not trash it.  As a proof I told her some of the stuff she was wearing.  She got pretty mad at me telling me that "you must be using some copy bot viewer, you are a very bad person".  Then she went on saying "I trust my friends more, who told me how very effective the shield is, rather than a stranger.  Besides I paid a lot for it so it must be effective".

I told her that I'm using allowed TPV viewer, it's no copy bot viewer, lots people use that one and your shield is totally worthless, it just annoys people.

Well, even after the proof of non-worthiness of the shield she said that she will continue wearing the shield to protect herself from being inspected and copied.  Well, I was just telling her the truth and she got mad...

:smileymad:  :smileysurprised:  :smileytongue:

Hilarious! :smileytongue:

Usually when the ding-a-ling chicks ask me to dance or go home with them, I just play dumb and ask them "why?" or "what for?".. puts them on the spot and makes them have to spell out the specifics of their intentions right from the start. They friggin HATE that lmao.

Coby Foden wrote:

Then she went on saying "I trust my friends more, who told me how very effective the shield is, rather than a stranger.  Besides I paid a lot for it so it must be effective".

Well, even after the proof of non-worthiness of the shield she said that she will continue wearing the shield to protect herself from being inspected and copied.  Well, I was just telling her the truth and she got mad...

I once told a lot of people that their viewer was coded by a pack of hackers who were up to some very suspicious conduct and would get very weird when asked about details. I wasn't alone in telling them this, nor even the most vocal voice.

Most of them laughed at me, called me names, and even started getting personal - because their viewer was popular and their friends said it was good and they liked some features... so it couldn't be run by crooks.

Then Emerald got banned, because they got exposed doing a Denial of Service and someone posted server logs that people still said was just fine, but LLs thought otherwise not wanting a visit from the FBI over it.

;)

So it renamed itself, booted out one or two people, or had them make new alts, and was back on the grid in a few weeks.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Then she went on saying "I trust my friends more, who told me how very effective the shield is, rather than a stranger.  Besides I paid a lot for it so it must be effective".

I once told a lot of people that their viewer was coded by a pack of hackers who were up to some very suspicious conduct and would get very weird when asked about details. I wasn't alone in telling them this, nor even the most vocal voice.

Most of them laughed at me, called me names, and even started getting personal - because their viewer was popular and their friends said it was good and they liked some features... so it couldn't be run by crooks.

Then Emerald got banned, because they got exposed doing a Denial of Service and someone posted server logs that people still said was just fine, but LLs thought otherwise not wanting a visit from the FBI over it.

;)

So it renamed itself, booted out one or two people, or had them make new alts, and was back on the grid in a few weeks.

Yeah, same here..and I still do not use it :P

Alishen wrote:

I was at a club , at timesI like to turn on highlight transparent as some people have cool guns or things on .

Well  I came across a girl...with a big old transparent male genital on . So I giggle and go about my way and start hanging out and enjoying the music.

A few mins later  I get a IM...if was the girl with te big ding a ling in alpha...

So we chat for a min,I am always nice to any one and judge no one that IMs me.

After talking a little bit she invites me to her SL house and I tell her " I enjoy public places but thank you."  .

Lesson of the story,if you are new..and you "Hide" a prim part of your body we can all see it if we turn on highlight transparent...

hahaha...  I didnt even realize people could wear a hidden appendage.  I only use view trans to find misc prims floating about my house, that I didn't realize were there... *.*

Once, I had one in front of my door and couldnt get out of the house! 

So many blonde moments....

Good advice on how to respond to situations such as these, Dana!

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

;)

What a b*ll cr*p twisting of the facts.

While I agree 100% that what he did with that DOS attack was 100% wrong your inflammatory comments and half truths here aren't much better.

The facts are out there for any one who wants to know them.  Your gum bumping here serves no more value than those who just spread false virus rumors.

Gah, why do I even waste my time.

I'm curious to know if your suitor (suitress?) said anything in her profile that would explain the biology. I spend quite a lot of time around transgenders and all the ones I know make that perfectly clear in their profiles—to do otherwise could lead to all sorts of problems.

I've even gone on record as doubting that any t-girl in SL would not make her transgenderness clear in a profile. It appears I may have been wrong about that. On the other hand, maybe this person was just sort of an 'all-purpose' avi. Swiss Army Knife sorta thing :smileywink:

To the OP: You say you don't judge but, the whole tone of your post seems to say differently. If the person's preferences weren't in line with yours why make a big deal of it by starting a thread about it? Simply declining and moving on would seem to be the reasonable course of action instead of making a mocking post about your encounter. Goodness knows I've seen plenty of human males in the same circumstances over the years which is why I don't routinely turn on highlight transparent.

To Pussycat: you're normally far more informed and informative than this. You're spreading FUD by making these blatantly false statements.

Dana Hickman wrote:

Usually when the ding-a-ling chicks ask me to dance or go home with them, I just play dumb and ask them "why?" or "what for?".. puts them on the spot and makes them have to spell out the specifics of their intentions right from the start. They friggin HATE that lmao.

Do you ask the same thing of non-ding-a-ling dudes?   

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

... because their viewer was popular and their friends said it was good and they liked some features...

Yeah, same here..and I still do not use it
:P
I wonder why the derender caused this reference to a certain viewer?

The "their viewer" and "it" metioned above is not the only viewer having derender feature, there are others too. 

Anyway, derender has nothing malicious in it, it does not change how others see the world.  Thus shared experience, as how Linden Lab defines it, is not violated by derender.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

;)

Thirded. I won't use any TPV because I do not know who sits behind those desks. Linden Lab is proven, bonded and insured. Nothing against TPV as such, but I do not feel safe using them. Period.

Now when is Linden Lab going to shamelessly steal all of the TPV innovations so I can use theirs? 

ETA: I now see two people have said the above is not true. I have not heard any differently than the above. So maybe you could elaborate. But still we know next to nothing about the people behind any of the TPV. Or do we?

ok I'm tg IRL but I'm all female in SL (even just did a pregnancy) the main reason is SL allows me to have the body I wish I had in RL,

there are a few non-op trans people that are perfectly fine with having the third leg, so to speak, nothing wrong with that just who they are

me I'd just prefer to be no different than any other female, SL allows that

what's my point? dunno, guess it just takes all kinds

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

;)

If what you've said here is any indication of what you were saying back then, it's no wonder no one listened to you.  What you've offered up here is half truths and speculation... little of which could you possibly provide any substantiating evidence.  The fact that both Phoenix and Firestorm are on the list of approved viewers and are still able to connect to the grid is good enough for me.

...Dres

Melita Magic wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

;)

Thirded. I won't use any TPV because I do not know who sits behind those desks. Linden Lab is proven, bonded and insured. Nothing against TPV as such, but I do not feel safe using them. Period.

Now when is Linden Lab going to shamelessly steal all of the TPV innovations so I can use theirs? 

ETA: I now see two people have said the above is not true. I have not heard any differently than the above. So maybe you could elaborate. But still we know next to nothing about the people behind any of the TPV. Or do we?

Honestly, I have no desire to engage in a 'viewer war' nor would I ever want to see one start up again.

And if someone such as yourself does not feel safe using a TPV, that is perfectly fine also.

I can only speak for myself and say that with the original Emerald one of their Devs messed up bad and used the Viewer to launch a DOS attack.  It was wrong.

It's the 'oh noes the world is coming to an end' hyperbole I call in question.

I lived through the "Viewer Wars."  And despite all the people who hated the Emerald Dev's and who were trying to break them, unless I seriously missed something, the only documented malfeasance was the DOS attack launched by ONE of them.  Everything else was and is nothing more or less than rumor and innuendo.

In order to continue their work, the Emerald Dev's who the moved to Phoenix had to meet a strict set of requirements in order to be allowed to provide an alternate viewer we could use.

Unless PussyCat  thinks these requirements were just a facade.  In which case it would make Linden Lab look no more trustworthy than the TPV Dev's because Linden Lab set the requirements.

If any TPV screws up they should be given the boot.  Swift and quick where it hurts most.  But rumor and innuendo serves no one any good.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Do you ask the same thing of non-ding-a-ling dudes?   

I do of anyone that ask's me to come home with them or to some quiet place alone with them...most don't really seem have a problem telling me their intentions though hehehehe

i have to admit..some of them have sounded pretty tempting lol

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I'm curious to know if your suitor (suitress?) said anything in her profile that would explain the biology. I spend quite a lot of time around transgenders and all the ones I know make that perfectly clear in their profiles—to do otherwise could lead to all sorts of problems.

I've even gone on record as doubting that any t-girl in SL would not make her transgenderness clear in a profile. It appears I may have been wrong about that. On the other hand, maybe this person was just sort of an 'all-purpose' avi. Swiss Army Knife sorta thing :smileywink:

LMAO~!!!  oh, ty Dillon,  I needed a good laff today!  Swiss Army Knife indeed.

Also - I do agree with the honesty part.  Absolutely nothing wrong with being who ever you want to be,  but this especially,  could cause some confusion - drama - problems down the line if not divulged very early on. 

ETA:  IF the relationship is going to become sexual, that is. 

Cali Souther wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

LMAO~!!!  oh, ty Dillon,  I needed a good laff today!  Swiss Army Knife indeed.

Also -
I do agree with the honesty part.
  Absolutely nothing wrong with being who ever you want to be,  but this especially,  could cause some confusion - drama - problems down the line if not divulged very early on. 

ETA: 
IF the relationship is going to become sexual, that is. 

You don't have to be sexual with your friend(s,) but I think you should always be honest.  What kind of friend would that be if s/he never shared their gender with me?  I guess it all depends on what someone defines as a friend.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.