Sign in to follow this  
Khalhys Ahren

Where is a good place to advertise my marketplace store?

Question

3 answers to this question

The link below introduces the essentials of Second Life commerce promotion and provides links to further useful resources. There is a lot of information here, so we suggest you bookmark this page and refer to it as needed.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181

• Like 1

The best advertizing is word of mouth.  It takes time, but if you have good quality products that people want, they will show their friends.  You can sometime use good quality freebies to spread the word a little faster. I also believe strongly in selling in world, not simply in Marketplace.  Marketplace is fine as an on-line catalog store, but customers get to see your stuff in different ways in an in-world shop.  They can walk around it, view it from different sides, get a feel for how big it is and what it looks like in a "real" setting.  Even clothing, which is still largely marketed from pics on wall-mounted vendors, looks different when you see it displayed in a shop in world.  More than half of my sales are now on Marketplace, but some of my best repeat customers come to the in-world shop.