why cant i traval

kacithomas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

We can't fix anything.  We are all just like you.........residents who volunteer to try to help people when they come up on problems.  Our "expertise" is entirely from experience using SL.  We can often help people to fix problems.  However, that requires some cooperation from the person asking for help.  That cooperation depends on a few things that the person having the problem must supply.  Things like an accurate discription of the problem ("I can't travel" is not a very good discription of anything......you can't travel where?  What happens when you try to "travel"?  And just what do you mean by such a discription?).  It also requires that anyone who might have something to give you to help you fix your problem knows what you are working with.....things like your computer specs, your network setup (wireless, hardwired, etc),  what operating system you use, what viewer you use, how fast is your connection to the Internet........just little tidbits that help to give some insight into what might be causing your problem.  We can't fix anything if it's on the Linden Lab side and niether can you.  But almost 100% of the issues people have with SL are on the user's side..........and that we can help with (but not fix for you.....you have to do that).

So lets start over.  How about you giving an accurate discription of your problme along with any error messages you encounter when the problem occurs.  Some computer specs (so we know what you are working with).  Your home network setup (router, wireless, hardwired, or maybe it's a public network you are working on.......we know nothing about that so you must tell us).  What's your connection to the Internet (DSL, Cable, ADSL, satellite)?

To add that information, don't start a new thread.  Just use the "Options" in the upper right hand corner of your post and "Edit".  Add the information so someone where can try to help.........I mean, afterall, we don't have access to your computer so we have no way of knowing unless you tell us.

Oh, and a little peeve of mine.  "i cant traval fix it :matte-motes-evil:" is a little more than snippy.  We didn't cause you problem.  Most of us don't have your problem (I'm sure someone is having a similar issue but with such a vague discription, that's questionable).  You have the problem and it's almost 100% likely the problem is something to do with your computer system, your setup, your connection, or maybe it's not a problem at all and you just want something that is not possible.  Be nice..........we want to help but I hesitate to even try when I see snippy requests.  Just be polite.........we don't get a single penny for our efforts to help here.

• Like 4

As Peggy says, with such a "question", all we can do is try to guess what your issue can be. Do you mean you cannot teleport? In this case, please read the link below:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Landmarks-teleporting-and-SLurls/ta-p/700123#Section_.1a

And also DO NOT start several questions on the same topic. You have already asked that here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/shy-cant-i-traval/qaq-p/1541287

• Like 2

I's trade 15 kudos if someone would actually edit their post to include specs or clarifications after we repeatedly ask for them. :) Since LL moved to this sotware I've seen maybe 2 or 3 times that someone actually did that.......and guess what? It helped them get their problem resolved. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.