Why is it I am only being offered 2 themes for linden homes and tiny linden homes?

Alaura Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There has been a shortage of Linden homes recently. Not too long ago, no homes were available, so I guess more people are abandoning theirs since they can't rezz anything in them.

So, unless LL is doing away with some of the themes, I suppose you just have to periodically check back and see if the one you want is available.

In the meantime, you can use your 512 sq meters free tier and buy land and put your own home on it. Land is really cheap right now. And, if you put your home in the sky, something you can't do with a Linden home, you will have a lot less lag than being on the ground.

• Like 1

Alaura Silverfall wrote:

This is why i pay for premium.

If a Linden Home is really the only reason you pay Premium, I would honestly recommend that you stop being premium and rent a home instead.  Assuming you pay yearly, your $72 could buy enough L$ to rent a decent place -- at roughly 250L$ per US$, $72 will get you enough to pay just under L$350 per week for a place.  If you pay quarterly or monthly, then you can get even more L$ for what you are paying in premium cost.

I personally think there are other good reasons to be premium, but 'just for a Linden Home' is not really a very good one.

I agree that getting a Linden Home isn't, on its own, a good reason for going premium, but I think your calculation neglects the value of weekly L$300 "stipend". In return for her US$72, the OP is getting a Linden Home plus, over the year, L$300*52= L$15600 plus the L$1000 bonus after 45 days, which means her Linden Home is actually only costing her about US$5 or so over the course of the first year.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.