transaction history older than 30 days (please answer the question)

ShibariKate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

does anyone know how to get transaction history older than 30 days ?

i need to find it as i found out this morning through a group notice that an LL bug cause some stores / creators to not receive payments for items bought between march 22 and april 18. since we're the 19th and 30 days brings us to april 18th, i cannot verify to make sure things i bought was processed correctly and the creators were paid accordingly.

and yes i already know i can dl to excel, and yes i already know it goes to 30 days (hence why i said that in my second paragraph and askked for older than 30 days). please do not quote what's on the site, as i already know this.

i need to know how to get this right now, as there has to be way to get get history of transaction somehow, especially if someone requests this. appreciate if someone can answer the question, and not answer with how the "rules" currently work as i know already.

thanks

12 answers to this question

Is it possible to view transactions older than 30 days?

It is not currently possible to view Linden dollar (L$) transactions older than 30 days. You can download all transactions in the past 30 days as an Excel spreadsheet for later reference. To download your transaction history:

1. Go to https://secondlife.com/account/transactions.php
  2. In the From field, choose the earliest possible date
  3. Click the download button
  4. Save the .xls file to your hard drive

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

• Like 1

No, it is not possible to get transactions older than 30 days.

However, your transaction history would only show - at most - whether you were charged or not.  Whether Linden Lab's systems passed that on to the merchants involved you can't tell.  It is good that you are concerned but it's not something you can or need do anything about.

• Like 1

There is one type of transacton where you can get old records.  If you use the HippoRent rental box system, it keeps track of every payment ever made to you since you set up the web page...even for rental boxes that you've deleted.

But this probably won't apply to your situation, sorry.

ShibariKate wrote:

i need to know how to get this right now, as there has to be way to get get history of transaction somehow, especially if someone requests this. appreciate if someone can answer the question, and not answer with how the "rules" currently work as i know already.

IF you personally know the right technical people at SL then maybe you could convince them to restore a backup of data in order to get you the info that you want.  Otherwise, as others have said, you are truly out of luck as SL does not keep the data longer than 30 days.

You seem to have missed all the answers that have been given: "You can't"

If you really believe "there has to be way" for something the site, the "rules" and everyone who answers says "can't be done" then you tell us what it is!

Getting stroppy because you didn't get the answer you want is boring.  There's nothing so urgent you need it "right now" all of a sudden after 30 days.  In fact you don't even have a need for this at all; "to make sure ... creators were paid"?  It's their problem, not yours.

• Like 2

Is this for an inworld transaction or from the Marketplace?

- All your Marketplace orders and transactions (since you started shopping on the MP) can be found under My Marketplace->My Account->Order History.  There have been instances with the new DD system of items being delivered, customer charged, but Merchant has not received the money.  In those instances, there is a JIRA (bug report) where the Merchant goes to report the error.

- Inworld purchase transactions only appear on the Dashboard and are subject to the 30 day limit unless downloaded.  If the Merchant uses a vending system, perhaps it would have the history (although if it was a non-payment issue, then I'm not sure since they all vary slightly).  If they use regular prim boxes set for sale, then the only record is the Dashboard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.