Why don't they add SL game to iPhone and IPad's???

MaddieAldridge1 Baudin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

They did.

"iPhone and iPad Client for Second Life® - Log into Second Life at any time from your iPhone or iPod Touch."

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory/Pocket_Metaverse

"Second Life® on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch."

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-metaverse-pro/id343511720?mt=8 

As above, they Did, But If you are meaning a FULL fledged viewer, where you can do everything, iPhones and iPad's simply do not have the specs to handle Second Life.

Now if you do just want to do text basied stuff, Chat IM, Bussiness transactions, Then yes, Pocket Metaverse is you thing. But if your hopeing for a full SL viewer on the Apple stuff, Not going to happen.

The first thing you need is a high speed connection to the Internet.  4G doesn't cut it.  The second thing you need is a high end graphics processor.  iPhone and iPad don't have such hardware (neither does any other "smart phone").  The third thing you need is a solid (read that as a hard wired) connection to an Internet gateway.  No smart phone I know of has an Ethernet port.

You're basically asking why doesn't any Chevy Volt compete in the Indianapolis 500 race.  The answer is obvious.  The Chevy Volt isn't capable of competing........it's actually a dangerous setup for the Indy cars who can compete.

• Like 2

For those who said that the iPad and iPhone don't have the "power" or graphics ability to handle SL, I don't believe that.  What about the fact that Lumiya (app for Android tablets and phones) runs SL just fine, including the graphics.   It doesn't have EVERY feature, but it sure does work over wifi connections quite well !   Do Android tablets and phones have more "power" or graphics ability?  No, they don't.    So, the answer is simply that no one has yet written the iPad/iPhone app ... even though it's perfectly possible to do.  

I really love Second Life and wish there were some way to access it directly from my iPad. Second best is what I have been doing: access my desktop via Splashtop and entering SL that way. Not so easy to maneuver, but the only way I know of. Flash-capable apps never work for me, unless someone knows of an Apple app that can access Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.