Mesh Statues taken from games

Belladona Viper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen a lot of statues made of mesh in Marketplace that are just taken from a game.I don't know how it works to get the 3D model,but the person does not deserve to get lindens for something stolen from a video game.An example,I came across this statue of a "sobbing girl",taken from "Alice Madness Return"

Marketplace:https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sobbing-Girl-Statue-Mesh-Market/3495140

Alice Madness Return:http://images.wikia.com/americanmcgeesalice/images/d/db/RADULA_ROOM.png

I can't find the option to flag this item as stolen.I read a post about it these days,and it was said this is not allowed.

You can file an Abuse Report against the creator of the object.  Use the category, "IP infringement".

Importing copyrighted material into SL without permission is NOT allowed, whether the person doing so sells it or gives it away free.  Mesh creators should know better...well, they DO know better, you're required to take a short course in intellectual property issues before you are allowed to upload Mesh.

You may very well be right but you may very well be wrong.  I can totally understand your feelings about people stealing content or buying mesh from websites and then breaking the copyright agreements and selling them here in SL.

That being said you don't know the statue in question was stolen.  It is very possible that the person selling it does have the rights to sell it here in SL or was indeed the original creator of the statue and had been hired to make it by the game company but had retained the right to sell it to others.

Only thing you can really do is if you think something is stolen from a game or website is email whomever you think owns the copyright.

Unless I was 100% sure and could prove that someone didn't have the copyrights to the mesh item they were selling here in SL, I would never post in any forum their names or links to their stuff on the MarketPlace.  Because if you are wrong you could be in for a world of trouble.

• Like 3

Cathy is exactly right.  No one except the copyright owner and the person who is selling on MP know if the MP seller has the right to sell it.  The only thing a bystander has the duty or right to do is to inform the person or entity that she thinks is the copyright holder that it is for sale on MP.

• Like 1

It's not realistic to 'get in touch with the game company' and let them know. Most people wouldnt know where to begin getting in touch with a studio.

I also agree posting links to the person you suspect on a SL forum is bad juju.

However in a case like the one presented, finding a screenshot of the game you think it's stolen from like you did is a fantastic idea, but it's LL you should send this information to directly. They have an entire legal team who can look into proving this claim for you. If you dunno how to get in touch with them, I'm sure you can find it somewhere on help, or in an FAQ!

Or evenon the forums, just, when you ask, don't give such specific examples! Could have easily enough just said. "How do I report someone I suspect of copyright infringment!"

Cheeeeerz!

mesh sucks cannot do **bleep** 

all people flag it i cannot make new good bet i to slow put it up

and all you can make in human mesh av on av part and tool cost 20$ no free tools

you cannot mod cannot copy cannot add stuff on it cannot make cars cannot make new art work people cry it copy

your new sl or old rejoining no free apo

the copyright laws on secondlife suck ass no 

Fair Use

TheExplorerGuy wrote:

mesh sucks cannot do **bleep** 

all people flag it i cannot make new good bet i to slow put it up

and all you can make in human mesh av on av part and tool cost 20$ no free tools

you cannot mod cannot copy cannot add stuff on it cannot make cars cannot make new art work people cry it copy

your new sl or old rejoining no free apo

the 
copyright laws on secondlife suck ass no 

Fair Use

You can do all kinds of  **bleep** with mesh, in fact you can do most things you can do with prims and you can do most things you can do with sculpts. On top of that you can do a million more things with mesh.

You need some tool outside of SL to create your own meshes. Look for Blender if you want a free, powerful, complete program. There are plenty of tutorials available and you can find a lot of help on these forums. Anyone can make mesh, so why do you think you can't? To edit the items inworld, you can approach it the same way you do with any other build, unless it's rigged mesh.

You can copy, modify, transfer or link to other objects just as easily and in exactly the same way as you can with normal prims or sculpts. You can make spectacular cars, artwork or anything previously impossible for SL now.

Fair use? I think you're mixing up some terms here.

I think you could try and live up to your name and explore some more. Nothing you say is true.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.