Model job?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems like Sweet is looking for model job, she is not offering) correct me if I am wrong)

also if you are looking for modeling job I guess no cloths is really needed most of times since designers prefer to show their stuff, but there are photographers who are at their start and do free shots, but they will not pay )

cheers

Most clothes designers use their own avatars or alts to model their clothes for sales pictures or have friends that help.  Models that model in stores usually work for the clothes they model, but a lot of store models are bots.  They are a lot cheaper than hiring people, are willing to work long hours and always show up for work.  You can run a bot for free on your own computer, or use a hosted one. Even the hosted ones only cost a couple hundred a week to run most of the week.

Most models that make money do it on the runway and most are hired through model agencies or are well known in the fashion industry if they freelance.  If you go through an agency, they will want you to take an expensive model course that you will have to pay for and there is no way they can guarantee you any work, regardless of what they tell you.  Running the schools is how they make the majority of their money.

I don't want to discourage your dream, but its a tough job to find and even tougher to get paid for it.  Models aren't really anthing special in SL because anyone can make a gorgeous avatar, put on clothes, and jump on a pose stand or use a HUD..  Chances are whoever hires you is going to dictate everything you to wear, so good taste isn't even needed.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know why they don't just include 'Modeling Agency' advertisements into the Role Play forum :smileyvery-happy: 

I have had to explain to many persons asking me how they can get started in Modeling in SL and what they need to do. I have been approached on occasion to have my products (prim based avatars w/without skins) modeled, and I have to explain every time that it is alot easier for me the creator to use an alt whereas I have direct control over the exact pose, timing, and enviorment I want to shoot my model in, and yes it's ALOT less costly in the end. I also try to make alot of my own props too within my limitation of skill, and that saves me a bit more L$. Ofcourse you realize this is coming from a store owner and creators point of view.

I think there is a market  out there for models to present at 'Showcase' events as well. There are many agencies and stores that have applications you can fill out. I also advise people to actually get to know the creator(s) of a product you might be particually interested in too(they are people too). Just volunteering your interest in their idea or dream can be enough to get your foot in the door , especially if you hold a similar interest, say in the style or era of fashion or medium of photography. 

You said you have 'your own clothing' I assume you mean clothing you made? If so, why not have your own showcase? The next step would be deciding who you want to get involved with the project, sponsors, friends, associates,  and directing the event yourself .

If they are clothing you purchased, you might consider contacting the creators and asking them if they need any promo models. Offer pics of you in their creations to peak their interest too. They also have photo contests at some stores for their products, usually in a theme.

• 1 year later...

Um hi my name is yuki kuni-on I just wanted to know if you know who hire model or do you hire model? I just really really like to work as a model I love fashion and modeling please let me know if you guys still hire or you know someone who does hire model thank you so much for reading this ^^ :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.