Can someone make me a custom avatar?

Capn Krokus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to get a custom avatar based off a class in the video game "Disgaea". The character is a shaman, heres the wikipedia article with various pictures. http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerer_%28Disgaea_3%29

I have the artistic skills equal to that of a toddler, so its not something I can do. If anyone could find someone to make me an avatar please let me know.

Several peple have asked similar but different questions. I'll try to responde to all of them.

I can do custom shapes. But, it really depends on what you want. Whether I'll do it or not depends on whether you know what you want. 

In commercial art and other fields proofs are used to determine if one is on the right track. Making numerious proofs when a client has not made up their mind or is not sure what they want becomes tedious for all involved. I don't want to go there.

There are numerious shape makers in SL. Shape and skin is usually made to go together. I play with skin, but I think my skill with skin is weak. 

A number of designers have published their measurements. One can use those to make a similar shape.

But, if you have a profile and portrait of the shape you want, I and others can crate a shape for you. But so can you.

Then comes the cost. Most marketed shapes are way less expensive than custom made shapes. I see shapes for sale from free limited permissions shapes to several thousand L$ for full permissions shapes. For a no transfer custom shape made from your images I start at L$2,500.

I sell a tool for helping people make shapes and get their proportions right. See: Model Shape Tool L$50

If you are looking for a Custom Avatar, in the sense of Fluffy, then you are moving into a whole new realm. The new mesh replacement avatars are just getting started. To give you an idea of the complexity, I have an eight page tutorial on just getting setup to make mesh clothes. See: Second Life Mesh Clothes Blender 2.6 Setup 2012 Tutorial. Expect such a custom avatar to cost tens of thousands of L$.

If you are looking for a custom avatar in the nature of the avatars in the Libary section of your Inventory, try Grendel's Children. Those commercial avatars go for amazingly low cost, L$200 to 600. 

If you are looking for a Custom LOOK, like a fashion model might, that is the major pass-time for many of us in SL. Just start shopping.

Specifically for the Sorcerer avatar: The image shows a cell shaded avatar. We can do those in SL. They are generally made from mesh now. See: Cell Shaded Blue Horse. (Sorry I have a better image I just can't find.). To find someone that can make one of those look through the Mesh Section of the forum to find someone making those.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.