How do I change my Avatar's skin and shape?

LaFayeSabryne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchased an AO and a shape/skin demo for my avatar. I am a first time user of SL and have no idea how to "wear" the items I've bought. I'd love to see what they look like on my avatar, but can't seem to get them to replace the items she's already wearing. Please advise.

Respectfully,

LaFayeSabryne

1 answer to this question

First of all, the skin and shape demos may have come in a "box." If you just see an orange cube in your inventory with the name of the skin and shape you got, go to a place that lets you "rezz" objects. There are lots of places that will - just off the top of my head I can recommend a sim called Barneys Bay. Search for it and then teleport there. When you arrive there, drag the cube out of your inventory and onto the ground, right click on it and select "Copy to my Inventory." That will copy the stuff in the box to your inventory and make a folder. Look in that folder and you should see a few files. The "shape" will have an icon looking like a tall and short person standing next to each other and the "skin" will have an icon that looks llike a head and torso that's half pale and half tan. Right click on each of those and select "wear." Since theyr'e demos they'll look strange because the maker wants you to buy the full versions of them but you can get a feel on how they'll looik.

It's really not as complicated as it sounds once you get used to it. Welcome to Second Life!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.