Modeling

Jordan5499

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone looking for a model? I'm very good looking in sl and rl so looks wouldn't be a problem. I'd suppose that if you're looking to hire me then you'd give me the clothes, so that wouldn't be an issue. Anyways, if you're interested, IM me or post on my wall of whatever. You could get to me anyway you want. :)

You might want to post a picture of your avatar here or on your profile if you want to get job offers.

Interesting thing about RL photos: Lotta fakes out there. (ETA: And if that is you, you might want to be made aware that it appears on some rather unwholesome websites.)

Have you tried using Search to find some modeling agencies? Often times, models in SL go to a "SL Modeling School". Yes, their is usually a fee attached to these schools. Once they learn about SL modeling, the agencies can point them into the right direction for modeling gigs. Some go on to fashion shows, others may go on to modeling for stores or advertising.

If you are just interested in modeling for stores, you could maybe try dropping the store owners notecards, but don't spam/harrass them with notecards. If they don't answer your notecard then most likely they are declining you..just move on. Before trying this though, make sure your avatar looks great (buy some linden and dress your avatar up real nice with a new skin/shape/and clothes). Then take a few snapshots; head, torso, full-body, full-body nude, etc. 

Being a model in SL isn't cheap from the get-go. It gets easier with experience yes, but you have to be willing to put your foot out there. And then still, you have to be willing to buy new stuff from time to time. It's an endless cycle. There are mannnyyy SL users out there, you have to try and stand out of the crowd. 

• 6 months later...

It all depends on your reasons for wanting to become a model.  It's very competitive, takes a lot of time, and costs more money than you make.  Most places will not hire you unless you have graduated from at least one decent academy.  You have to be exemplary at editing prims, posing, walking, and styling.  You will need to have top quality skins, hair, clothing, poses, model HUDs, accessories and much more.  There are over 3000 models in SL and very few make it in the 'industry'.  This being said; if you love fashion, love a challenge and are willing to work very hard it can be extremely rewarding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.