Sign in to follow this  
Alelangel

BEST VIEWER WITH LESS LAG EVER?? FOR RPGs???

Well, I'm a CCS DCS URA CHAOS gamer and I feel more comfortable to stay With my friends, build, hang out with boyfriend and many things that isn't battles with the latest SL Viewer. But when it's time to battle, I feel so much lag with this viewer that I can't do anything. My video card is poor (i think 512 mb) so what viewer you can recommend me to battles with less lag as possible??. Thanks very much for answers. :matte-motes-bashful:

There really isn't one answer to this question.  Different viewers work better on for some than others as each machine andconnection is different. A lot of people get better performance from TPV  About the only thing you can do is try different ones out and see what works best for you.

That said, your biggest drawback is your video card.  That is what is probably causing most of your issues.  The best thing you could do would be to save up and get yourself a decent video card.

The viewer has nothing to do with lag.

If you have an old computer that is over challenged with sl (thats not lag) you need a viewer that consumes as few memory as possible and you need to set the graphics settings and view range to low values.

Combat sims have alot of lag during fights on server side. Alot of scripts active alot of rezzed bullets and alot of animations and sounds.

Particles dont cause server load but your client may be too weak so reduce the # of particles in graphics settings. 4096 is standard - for a notebook with old intel graphics i suggest 0 - anything in between you need to find out.

So there will be always lag in a battle - just look out that you dont add a low fps on your client side to it - then it will become unplayable.

A while ago I came across a small viewer named Exodus. It's designed with combat ability, first-person and marking/tracking/navigation tricks for the mini-map and Nearby People floater.

As a small example of features:-

- Mark users as friendly or hostile, as well as colorise them on the mini-map for tagging.

- Keep an eye on sims with 'Raid monitor', decide if sims you're interested in are busy before you go.

- See 'off-screen direction' pointers to other avatars within range, in either first or third person view, allowing you to spot targets from miles away.

- Turn the 'crouch' mode (page down) into a toggle, so it can be used for hiding/sneaking without having to hold the button down.

- Client-side AO for saving on sim script time.

- If your teammates are on Exodus and within mini-map range, you can also ask them for a quick-TP to their position, without the need for friendship or map-rights.

I am not sure whether or not this viewer is in the Third Party Viewer Directory (which is optional), so here is the link:- http://www.exodusviewer.com/

Of course without TPVD-accredition, use as much caution as you deem necessary before downloading. It worked fine for me, for a long time.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

A while ago I came across a small viewer named Exodus. It's designed with combat ability, first-person and marking/tracking/navigation tricks for the mini-map and Nearby People floater.

As a small example of features:-

- Mark users as friendly or hostile, as well as colorise them on the mini-map for tagging.

- Keep an eye on sims with 'Raid monitor', decide if sims you're interested in are busy before you go.

- See 'off-screen direction' pointers to other avatars within range, in either first or third person view, allowing you to spot targets from miles away.

- Turn the 'crouch' mode (page down) into a toggle, so it can be used for hiding/sneaking without having to hold the button down.

- Client-side AO for saving on sim script time.

- If your teammates are on Exodus and within mini-map range, you can also ask them for a quick-TP to their position, without the need for friendship or map-rights.

I am not sure whether or not this viewer is in the Third Party Viewer Directory (which is optional), so here is the link:-

Of course without TPVD-accredition, use as much caution as you deem necessary before downloading. It worked fine for me, for a long time.

This was going to be my suggestion and if you look, you'll see it is on the approved TPV list now.

...Dres

If you list your computer specs someone might be able to give you some more specific suggestions on settings.  Post the info her from Help/About in the viewer.  You don't  have to be logged in to access that.

On my three or so year old desktop I use Exodus, which works great; for my sisters low end laptop she uses Rainbow. 

She can't see mesh but then again, we don't care about that. Exodus has all that phoenix/firestorm has but with less lag and crashes for me; oh , and it has no area search but a better radar.