As SLMP Burns - LL Emperors Cower in Silence?

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

Using multiple magic boxes becomes more essential the more items you have. My delivery solution with MB is using layered redundancy, combined with not overloading the boxes. I find more than 50 items per box causes issues. So for 300 items you need at least 6 magic boxes, but optimally you would use 18.

Sometimes there would still be mass failures with 6 magic boxes. This is where redundancy comes in to save the day :catembarrassed:

In this example I copy these 6 boxes into locations at two other regions.
Being able to receive orders from separate regions is important.
This way if one sim is very slow, or maybe even two sims have crashed or something awful, at least one location should be able to get a delivery through somewhere.

Thanks, Wade. :)

I figured that a large number of items would do better in separate MBs; just wasn't sure what that number was.  I'm still under 50 atm, although while I'm fiddling with them in general I may go ahead and separate them into categories anyway.

I've always kept two boxes rezzed when I could, which was most of the time - one in my shop, one at my residence.

Do you rename your MBs?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

I am starting to think that my DD sales were good because I was an early adopter and not a lot of people moved to DD. The big migration from MB to DD before the June 1st deadline probably had a ton of merchants changing over in a few months which completely flooded the system.

Using that logic, which could be at least somewhat accurate, maybe the reason my sales have suddenly gotten back to normal for me this last week after two months of sales/no sales cycling is because I'm a "non adopter" of DD atm.  If more merchants are using DD than MBs, maybe the MBs have kicked back into better action. ;)

And no, it's not because I've been fiddling with the MBs.  As stated above, I've done that each time I added new products or updated them for years and never immediately had sales of that particular item. *Grins*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

I am starting to think that my DD sales were good because I was an early adopter and not a lot of people moved to DD. The big migration from MB to DD before the June 1st deadline probably had a ton of merchants changing over in a few months which completely flooded the system.

Using that logic, which could be at least somewhat accurate, maybe the reason my sales have suddenly gotten back to normal for me this last week after two months of sales/no sales cycling is because I'm a "non adopter" of DD atm.  If more merchants are using DD than MBs, maybe the MBs have kicked back into better action.
;)

And no, it's not because I've been fiddling with the MBs.  As stated above, I've done that each time I added new products or updated them for years and never immediately had sales of that particular item. *Grins*

I think any theories from Flea or Ann that their sales have increased in any way because of their listing move to DD from MB is completely baseless and has no facts that would confirm these theories nor any logical explanation as to how one delivery method with several proven flaws would provide better sales in MP that one with a long proven stable track record.

I have my MP listings currently split between both dellivery method.  I have about 50 listings in MP.  All but 6 of them were migrated to DD on the first week after DD was released.  My Remaining 6 listings are all my top sellers that I hold more valued.

I have not noticed ANY  significant increase in any of my DD delivered listings beyond normal sales prior to the migration - nor have I noticed a significant increase in sales on my 6 top selling 6 MP listings.  Actually with one exception when a couple weeks ago I recorded my best sales day EVER in MP, Xstreet, Inworld (outside of a targetted promo event on the release of one of my main packs).  On that day, about 90% of all those sales came from my 6 packs that are on MB.

So... lets stop the factless theories that because a merchant migrated to DD from MB their sales have increased.

If it happened - it is surely not because of the delivery method.  In fact Flea, its because of these statements you are making that I am starting to second guess if maybe you actually are a LL Commerce Team member in disguise. ;)

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

I think any theories from Flea or Ann that their sales have increased in any way because of their listing move to DD from MB is completely baseless and has no facts that would confirm these theories nor any logical explanation as to how one delivery method with several proven flaws would provide better sales in MP that one with a long proven stable track record. 

I do agree.  The delivery mechanism shouldn't have any correlation to the decision to purchase (unless it can be proven that the majority of MP users have absolutely no faith in one method over another and are consciously choosing either MB or DD products, which I very much doubt).

Nor does the delivery mechanism expose itself as a marketing tool by aiding search or placement or whatever.

It's *just* the way things are delivered, people shop or they don't.

Sassy Romano wrote:

I do agree.  The delivery mechanism shouldn't have any correlation to the decision to purchase (unless it can be proven that the majority of MP users have absolutely no faith in one method over another and are consciously choosing either MB or DD products, which I very much doubt).

Nor does the delivery mechanism expose itself as a marketing tool by aiding search or placement or whatever.

It's *just* the way things are delivered, people shop or they don't.

Heck most of the shoppers probably STILL aren't even aware there was a change in delivery method, since it was published so well before hand for the general (not merchants) population.

"So... lets stop the factless theories that because a merchant migrated to DD from MB their sales have increased".

I think it could be considered very useful in that through this 'method' we can gleen what LL might be thinking and what they want us to think without wanting to tell us directly and being liable for it. Nudge nudge wink wink. ;-D

>"So... lets stop the factless theories that because a merchant migrated to DD from MB their sales have increased".

Well, for my own part, let me just say that I didn't convert to DD when I was first given the chance, and after continuing to use MB instead since then - OMG - I TOTALLY RAN OUT OF BEER IN RL!

Why didn't somebody warn me about this possible result?

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

Using that logic, which could be at least somewhat accurate, maybe the reason my sales have suddenly gotten back to normal for me this last week after two months of sales/no sales cycling is because I'm a "non adopter" of DD atm.  If more merchants are using DD than MBs, maybe the MBs have kicked back into better action.
;)

I have my MP listings currently split between both dellivery method.  I have about 50 listings in MP.  All but 6 of them were migrated to DD on the first week after DD was released.  My Remaining 6 listings are all my top sellers that I hold more valued.

I have not noticed
ANY
  significant increase in any of my DD delivered listings beyond normal sales prior to the migration - nor have I noticed a significant increase in sales on my 6 top selling 6 MP listings.  Actually with one exception when a couple weeks ago I recorded my best sales day EVER in MP, Xstreet, Inworld (outside of a targetted promo event on the release of one of my main packs).  On that day, about 90% of all those sales came from my 6 packs that are on MB.

So... lets stop the factless theories that because a merchant migrated to DD from MB their sales have increased.

If it happened - it is surely not because of the delivery method.  In fact Flea, its because of these statements you are making that I am starting to second guess if maybe you actually are a LL Commerce Team member in disguise.
;)

I agree, Toy.  I was basically making a tongue-in-cheek comment using Flea's "logic" in reverse.  Thank you for posting your findings with items that are in both delivery methods.

Hmmmm...Flea as an LL Commerce Team alt.  Never know. ;)

All I know is, I've stopped shopping in SL- both on the MP and in world.

This whole thing about taking the money and not ensuring merchants get paid is borderline illegal. Especially if it's a PayPal transaction and not L$; then it IS illegal.

So it's back to MMO's with me. At least they can do reliable systems.

Does anyone know if they have the issue with No Copy items worked out yet?

DD does not support no copy products and there are more than a million listings that have NO COPY

them~!!!

Hope they dont delete the Magic Boxes until they get that straight!!!

JD Hansen
JCNY Collection

Jewelry - Wedding - Fashion

JD, the wording used by CTL is a bit confusing. The "no copy" restriction right now for DD means "limited quantity" for the Merchants (i.e., some of the breedable accessories, or resale of no copy/transfer items, etc.). If your products are "no copy" for your customer, it's fine for you to list them. As long as you can copy them as a Merchant, they can be listed on DD.

Anyone following WEB-4587 can see the ruins of MP are still burning. This isn't a case of a fire that ripped through & is now safely extinguished. We are not in the calm clean up phase of just mopping up the damage.

Last example on JIRA was someone (who had put all their stuff on Direct Delivery & did nothing new to their store, yet) confirm seeing scrambling happened new just today!

Nice the Emporers broke the utter silence on the topic, but sad to notice the facts. They have not solved the most crucial thing here. Fire is still spreading. Marketplace data is still actively decaying. They have not stemmed the source of corruption, yet keep running the site live each day?

They can keep it open & keep trying to fix it until August, but this is a very bad holding pattern to be stuck in. Big question is will anyone still be shopping at MP by August. Of course once traffic fall off, then its a simple statement of "due to resident demands..." for Lindens and MP is gone.

I know this is simply human error based, but if this had been a strategy to lead softly into site closure, its an effective one :catindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.