Marketplace and Google Chrome problems

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Google Chrome as my primary browser but frequently have problems accessing the marketplace. I often just get a white screen. When this happens, I will try loading the marketplace in another browser like Firefox and things will work fine. Are there any known problems with Chrome and the marketplace?

Marketplace and other LL properties have long been known not to play well with Internet Explorer which is why I switched to Chrome.  This is the first time I've heard of problems with that too.  Since everything else* on the market place is broken I'm not suprised though.

[*Current marketplace problems: Outbox frozen, picture upload, scrambled listings, stuck 'carts', failed deliveries, non-payment.]

I have long used both Firefox and Google Chrome for the Marketplace.

They each have their own disadvantages.

Firefox seems to take longer loading product images, which is bad.

So I have come to prefer Chrome, which tends to either open the Marketplace page or not open it.

If it does open, it will usually then work better than Firefox.

I use Chrome as my primary browser. It has an autoupdate feature. So, from time to time it seems to go nuts. If you closely follow the version numbers shown in About... you'll see changes are usually right after an update. A fix will be a long shortly.

In Tools )wrench icon) there is a subitem Tools which has Report an issue...

Any time you find a page that does not render, use that to report the page.

Make sure your video driver is up to date. The HTML5 stuff tends to use more graphics card features via OpenGL. Browsers were the ultimate app for compatibility. It seems they are moving forward and performance is becoming important too. Google, the company, seems to be heading toward more 3D support, which is still cutting edge tech. So, expect to see occassional problems with Chrome.

A nice fall back is Chromium. It is more of an experimental version of Chrome. It has no automatic update. Updates are a manual download. 

I use Explorer and have never had a problem viewing MP.  Any problems i would think are settings that people use on Explorer.  In fact, I have very few problems viewing ANY webpages of any type.  Those that I have had I cannot say for sure if its an Explorer problem or something else.

• 1 year later...

Just an FYI I am aware this is a old post, but have had something similar happen and wish to share my fix I found for future forum searchers, My problem was chrome would load the secondlife websites, including Market. And will flash up once, then go white.

After investigating, I disabled the 'AdBlock Plus' add-on. Then refreshed.

You can use the icon at the end of the address bar to turn it off specifically for the secondlife sites when on the page so it won't effect any other sites. It may not be adblock plus causing issues, but go thru each add-on one by one refreshing the page as you go to determine which one is causing issues.

Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.